1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

DodgerBlue's 4A Prep Pickem Contest ...

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by NCBBallFan, May 16, 2005.

1. DodgerBlues

DodgerBlues Full Access Member

Here is something to know -- West's sophomore pitcher Greg Holt is this year's Robbie Bray. But of course you still have last year's Robbie Bray who is doing pretty well as this year's Robbie Bray! :thinking:

2. DodgerBlues

DB Goes 4-4

First 4-4 night of my career! I'm glad we've got this game going, I may have misssed every single game in the 1A, 2A and 3A!

3. DodgerBlues

Updated Standings After Round 3

I have updated the standings. New participants (baseball2 and O) were given the average score after 2 rounds -- 15 (Sorry NC, I feel your pain -- the same thing happened to me in the other contest -- people coming in new were well ahead of me!).

Round 3 picks were worth 4 points. Bubba -- where'd you go? You were doin' so well!

Here are the standings:

DB..............31 (16 in round 3 --- miracles do happen)
    O...............27 (12 in round 3)
    Redbirdfan...26 (8 in round 3)
    Braves........24 (8 in round 3)
    baseball2.....23 (8 in round 3)
    NC..............22 (12 in round 3)

OK, we need some new participants. Anyone can still win. The semifinal matchups are worth a whopping 6 points apiece. Pick the series winner. One bonus point is available for each series if you get the series score correct (e.g. Lumberton over Conley, 2 games to 1). So there is the potential for 14 points in this round. Newcomers get in at 25 points.

Here are the match-ups:
    Conley vs. Lumberton
    South Meck vs. West Forsyth

Last edited: May 25, 2005
  4. DodgerBlues

Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you that Holt could hit, too. :banginghe

Great season for your guys IndyDad. To follow up on a state finalist season with an appearance in the Elite Eight is quite an acomplishment for your guys. All of the players, coaches, families and classmates should be extremely proud of their team's success and the way the players carry themselves on and off the field.

Welcome to the SW4A for next season. It will be great to have you guys in the conference.

5. NCBBallFan

NCBBallFan Retired ex-moderator

Can I quit and come in as a new-comer????

South over West Foryth
    Conley over Lumberton

6. Eagles 1313

Eagles 1313 Full Access Member

West over South 2 games to 1
    Lumberton over Conley in a sweep

7. The "O"

The "O" Full Access Member

ok!

Conley
    South Meck

8. DodgerBlues

OK, to make it interesting I'm going with:

Lumberton over Conley, 2 games to 1. We'll see just how good that Lumberton pitching really is in this series -- Conley can score some runs. But the Rose win made their season a success, and I predict a let-down in game one and a close loss in game three.

South Meck over West Forsyth in a sweep. I picked them at the beginning of the year and I'll ride them til the end. Amazing how they can just reload, even in the middle of the season. Who'd have thought even a month and a half ago that juniors Matt Layman and Matt Andress would be their go-to guys on the hill in the biggest game of their year? The Matts are both stepping up. Andress in particular just gets better and better. His two inning performance against Providence was dominant. And I saw TJ Worrell throw the other day in a scrimmage and he is almost all the way back from his surgery -- but he can't get any innings on this staff now! He has a new nasty slider that he picked up from Tom Porter -- look out. I look for TJ to come on at some point in this series and give the team a big lift. And with a week's rest Ryan Morris may have the pop back on his fastball -- if he gets back to early season form, this staff is just unbeatable. And now that the offense is back in full gear, I just don't see anybody stopping this team.)

Oh and by the way, NC and O, if you want the bonus points, you need to predict a series score for each series.

9. The "O"

The "O" Full Access Member

Both..

in THREE games!

10. catamount36

catamount36 Full Access Member

O where's the love man???? ha ha