1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Durham Post 7

Discussion in 'American Legion' started by CHMAN5, Aug 9, 2007.

1. CHMAN5

CHMAN5 Junior Member

What does everyone think of Durham Post 7? They are the least talked about team on here yet knocked off Morehead with Chisenhall on the mound. They made it interesting in the Cherryville game and played Wayne down to the final out two nights in row. They seem to be a sleeper team with some real potential. Their pitching staff seems to be very deep and when their hitters rally they can put a 10 spot on anyone in a hurry. I was just wondering what everyone thought of them?

2. travisunc

travisunc Full Access Member

I think you said it best when you stated "sleeper team with potential". I personally thought Randolph, Morehead, Cherryville, and Rowan were the four teams to beat and 2 of those were the first two to go home. Shows how fickle a game this is!

Durham is a good team. I'm not sure they faced the greatest competition during the year. They did play Morehead, Wayne, and Cherryville close this year, but were 1-3 in those games. At this point in the tourney, I think it is up for grabs.

3. tj21

tj21 Moderator

How bout sharing some info about Durham? A poster on another thread made the comment about Durham being overlooked, but I really don't think that is the case. Folks in western NC simply haven't heard much about Durham's legion team. Who are your top pitchers, hitters, where are they going to school, etc. Sharing info is what TBR is about,,, and I'm happy to see Durham's legion team doing well, I just don't know anything about you.

4. CHMAN5

CHMAN5 Junior Member

Players

The Pitching Staff (In no paticular order..the ones who are going to or are in college)
    1.Barrett Stover-Lenoir CC
    2.Alex Pecevich-Guilford
    3.Geoff Turner- Western Carolina
    4.Sean Madden-Lenoir Rhyne
    5.Alan Schlitz-Greensboro College
    6.Trevor Marbry-Rockingham CC
    7.Tyler Robinson (staying in high school)

The Hitters
    1.Lucas Martin- Pitt CC
    2.Jacob Ezzell- Rockingham CC
    3.Patrick Kerwin-Rockingham CC
    4.Levi Diala-Wake Forest
    5.Seth Moorman-Rockingham CC
    6.Tarron Robinson-UNC
    7.Nick Mangelli-Virginia Tech
    8.David Prince-ECU
    9.Cameron Falcon-High Point

Last edited: Aug 10, 2007