1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Dynamite Classic

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by curverise, Jun 17, 2005.

1. MP2

MP2 Full Access Member

Carolina Curve plays today @ 9:30 vs. Richmond Ruckus

2. MP2

MP2 Full Access Member

Curve lost to Richmond 1-0

Curve had a very good showing, posting a 4-2 record for the weekend, against some very strong competition from all over the U.S. Several coaches watching each game, and positive comments from the competition and spectators. Great experience for the kids, and I'm proud of them !

3. LBlues 1

LBlues 1 Full Access Member

Dynamite

Curve did play very well against good teams. Blues finished 6-2, losing in the final 8 to Sarasota Quicksilver Gold 2-1. The NC teams did well with Challengers, Curve, Wildcats, Cardinals, Blues, all making the final 16 I believe. Cardinals made the final four for sure but I have not heard the final results. NC teams showed very well against some of the best teams from Ga, Fla, Alabama, West Va, Colorado, Tenn, Ohio, SC, New Mexico, and others. Over 100 college coaches signed in. to watch the tourney. Most NC schools were there along with Ga Tech, Va Tech, South Carolina, Ga, College of Charleston, Charleston Southern, Fla A&M, Lander, and many more.

Great four days of softball!

4. HSFAN

HSFAN Full Access Member

Games

The state of NC was represented extrememly well as it being only the 2nd tournament that these teams had played. The Ga teams had played alot of games before this one and so had the Fla. teams. Watched pieces of several games due to the fact of playing at the same time. Blues,Curve,Wildcats,Challengers played very good. The Cardinals finished in The final 4 losing to the GA Titans a very good team 4-0. I think all the teams got what they went there for and that was exposure,Saw lots of Coaches watching games and some even staying until late Sun. in order to talk to unsigned seniors.

5. CFBall

CFBall Senior Member

great place to get jump started for the NC Teams. Cummings, GA next weekend will be another great event for all teams involved!

thanks guys and gals for sharing with those of us who couldnt attend this outstanding tournament!

6. SoftballGorilla

SoftballGorilla Junior Member

18U Carolina Cardinals (McHone)

8:00 AM Thurs., versus Quicksilver (Sarasota, FL), W, 4-1
    1:30 PM Thurs., versus Huntsville Sharks (AL), L, 1-0
    8:00 PM Thurs., versus Brownsmill Lady Jackets (Atlanta, GA), Tied, 2-2

10:00 AM, Fri., versus Davie Power Black (FL), L, 4-0
    4:30 PM, Fri., versus Virginia Legends (VA), W, 6-0

8:00 AM, Sat., versus Carolina Pride (SC), W, 1-0
    6:00 PM, Sat., versus Lady Blues (NC), L, 4-0

Our bats were hot and cold, this past weekend.
    [​IMG]
    Game winning double, hit by Amber Shore (Starmount/WinstonSalemSt), time ran out, versus Carolina Pride on Saturday morning. Amber Shore was also the winning pitcher, 1-0 shutout. In other games, Kayla Richardson (Ashe/ApplachSt) and Amanda Dodson (SStokesHS), pitched well. It was a total team effort, for the McHone Cardinals, in the wins and losses, this past weekend.

It was a great experience for our players. Great tournament, with a lot of great teams from across the country. We observed a lot of college coaches watching the games, this past weekend.
    [​IMG]

7. LBlues 1

Quicksilver

Good team with some nice kids. Good luck to U guys this summer.

8. SoftballGorilla

SoftballGorilla Junior Member

This past weekend....

Thank you! I enjoyed watching the Lady Blues this past weekend. I love all the bunts, capitilizing on other team's mistakes,
    [​IMG] and running the base paths full steam.

The 18U Lady Blues know the meaning to the word "hustle".

9. HSFAN

HSFAN Full Access Member

The Winner

Just saw that the Georgia Titians won the Classic without giving up a single run,also saw on their web site they have already played 50+ games this year and a lot of games against CA teams, only lost 2 games so far and the others no one scored on them. Goes to show how these teams that start playing are so seasoned by this time of the year. I feel good that local teams had a very strong showing aagianst these type .

10. LBlues 1

Titans

They had a blonde pitcher that threw mid 60's and had great movement on the ball. Actually both pitchers could bring it and had great control. Not sure which one the Cardinals saw but I bet the blonde. Had a couple power hitters that blended in with the speed so were hard to defend. :229031_ha