1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Early Bird

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by wildcatpop01, Jun 5, 2012.

1. wildcatpop01

wildcatpop01 Member

Any chance someone could post a copy of the games in Rock Hill this Weekend. Thanks

2. CardCoach2

CardCoach2 Full Access Member

I would if I knew how to

Someone let me know what to do to post them.

3. fp135nc

fp135nc Full Access Member

At the bottom of your post here, scroll down to Additional Options and there is an option to Attach Files. You can attach a PDF file or a .doc file.

4. CardCoach2

EB Schedule

Here it is. Hope it works!

Attached Files:

5. wildcatpop01

wildcatpop01 Member

Thanks

6. thunderbird

thunderbird Full Access Member

any early bird results?

7. justsoftball

justsoftball Full Access Member

Shaking head

Just a couple of short years ago, this thread would have been booming with updates about game results. What do you think has caused this decided lack of interaction?

Rick - Can you give us any updates on how the Cardinal's did? Who had the best weekend, etc?

8. CardCoach2

We saw several teams who are playing very well this early in the season. Most notably the Wildcats. They have come out of the box hitting great and their pitching was good.
    We had a decent weekend, 5-1-1, (beat by the Wildcats and tied the Lady Blues) but still need lots of field time. Lady Blues Elite looked solid. I didn't get to watch a lot of ball this weekend though.

We are little behind due to some concessions I made regarding practicing my Cardinals during the HS season. (that won't happen again)

As far as TBR, I have heard from a few people they are tired of getting blasted every time they post something, so they refrain from doing so.

9. cheeze105

cheeze105 Moderator Staff Member

true, but things are in the process of changing, so post away....if you have problems, let me know...

10. justsoftball

justsoftball Full Access Member

Rick,

Thanks so much for the update on the Early Bird :)

I do understand where people may be "coming from" in terms of being reluctant to post. While I can say, quite honestly, that I have never been "blasted" on this board, and enjoy all the members. I have read a couple of hair raising posts - and comments - and on occasion have attempted to smooth the waters. I think it is important to note, one of the best things about being part of an online message board community is being able to "vent" and that sometimes people may say things we do not like, or even greatly disagree with, and we do not need to "blast" these people, but rather try to provide another perspective.

From experience, I have seen many newbies walk in the door and post of accomplishments by their child or a player, and if those words are not accompanied by the words "Going DI," they often receive little to no positive feedback. Hence, one of the reasons I started those DII and DIII threads. While for many young ladies their ultimate dream is playing DI ball and *maybe* one day playing in the WCWS, for the majority of players their dream may be to play for a program that allows other important aspects of their life to be accommodated, players who love ball but perhaps love education, love extra curriculars, love volunteer endeavors just as much so have never been interested in or strived to play DI ball. This board can be a rather cool (as in chilly) place for these players.

I have always loved this board. It provides such a great place to clarify rules, hear about the amazing accomplishments by amazing young women, to hear about young players with so much potential, to share frustrations and to share memories. I would love to see it flourish once more.