1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Early Predictions

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by cheesecake76, Oct 21, 2004.

1. cheesecake76

cheesecake76 Full Access Member

What are some early predictions and forecasts for the upcoming high school season (based on returning players or the lack thereof)? Any major changes in past dominance? Any up-and-coming programs that some attention should be called to? I'm interested to hear some opinions.

2. MVaughn

MVaughn Full Access Member

NCBBallFan had an excellent preview of the upcoming season a while back with some great discussion of the various teams added in by various other members. I tried to find it again but couldn't locate it. Perhaps he would be kind enough to update and post it again.

3. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

NCBBallFan has gone fishing. I'll post some thoughts on the SW4A or see if I can locate that thread

4. Dynasty07

Dynasty07 Full Access Member

Christian vs. Rose

two of the best will collide with each other thursday march 24, 2005 @ 5:00pm when Charlotte Christian will play at Greenville Rose in a very intriguing match-up.

thats a game to look foward to in the up and coming 2005 season

5. homerun4

homerun4 Full Access Member

early season predictions for cpc

1. Winston- Salem Reynolds everyone returning Hampton Foushee
    2. North Davidson very good pitching staff
    3. Davie County maybe the best athletic team in conference
    4. West Forsyth needs strong pitching from snow and sie-grez
    5. South Rowan ?

6. eagle7

eagle7 Junior Member

i for one can not wait to see the matchup of North Meck and Independence, they split the regular season and independence pulled ahead in the conference tournament. and i think that these two teams may have played the best game of the year last year, in the conference tourny in the extra inning thriller. indy lost four senior starters last year, but had a core of good young talent that will carry through this season i dk if north has lost any stars but will always compete especially with that one two punch on the mound

7. sugarjet

sugarjet Full Access Member

The Son

Independence- It will be tough for them to replace the seniors that they lost. They were a big part of making and keeping those guys together as a team. I don't think they will have the year they had last year.

North Meck- They rode their pitching last year and they didn't lose any of it this year. The big question is who will be there to drive Cavi in because you know he will be on base. But it will be tough to get any runs on that pitching staff.

South Meck- It will also be tough for South to replace the seniors that they lost. They have a very talented group of seniors this year but it will be interesting to see who steps up and leads that team. They have people that want to lead and people that should lead so it will interesting who will step up and take charge. They also have a good underclass. O, and not to mention the returning player of the year in the SW4A.

Providence- Wow, did they lose a lot of guys or what. But they always come up with a talented team year after year. They may have lost a lot but don't count them out because they have a solid JV team that backs them up year after year. They have some lefty pitcher (forgot the name) that a lot of people were talking about last year.

Myers Park- I think it will be another off year for the Mustangs but you can't count them out. They jumped up from behind on a lot of teams last year. You can't take them to easy. They lost a some solid leadership but should have a average season. Who they will have to pitch will be a big factor for them.

East Meck- They lost some key guys off this team for the second year in a row. I look for them to be in the middle behind Myers Park but could sneak up on some teams late in the season. Who they throw will also be a factor. Not many arms.

Olympic- They are always in the middle but they will fight. Every year I played against them they went out there with an attitude. They don't give up and find ways to beat you. Not the most talented but get the job done. I would watch out for them.

Waddell- Lost almost all their talent. The coach has his work cut out for him after he gets done with crushing people in football.

Butler- Has some talent left but no brains. It will be interesting to see if they can keep their heads before and during the season.

SW4A-
    1. South Meck
    2. Providence
    3. Olympic
    4. Myers Park
    5. Butler
    6. East Meck
    7. Waddell
    8. Garinger

MECA 8
    1. North Meck
    2. Independence
    3. Central C.

8. Dynasty07

the sw4a, in my opinion, is between 2 teams, south and providence. both have incredible talent year in and year out. but this year the thing that seperates them is pitching, south is loaded and providence has none at all. position wise, theyre equal, but pitching is what will win south the sw4a and carry them deep into the playoffs.

9. statefan

statefan Full Access Member

I think providence will struggle. They lost it all. They should have a good outfield with dunning and scism. But who will play the infield. The biggest question is who will pitch. Culter, jones, martin, foulk, are all gone. Nobody has significant varsity innings.

South should not get touched. Hands down to much talent, the only team that beats south is south.

East will suprise, i think. they have 11 juniors. They are alot like Providence last year. However, they will be more scrappy than the providence teams. Just depends on if they have the depth to compete.

bulter will struggle, not pitching, no leadership, no coach. I thought i heard glass is hurt, dont wanna start rumors but thats what i heard (knee i think).

Myers park-one guy Jeremy Mathis, this kid competes on the mound, that wins ball games. he will beat some people. Just depends on if they hit it and field it, by the looks of things i dont think they have the personel to do it. with the loss of Coach Bicknell they are hurting bad to, he ran the program over there.

10. Dynasty07

i think providence is up there with south in every aspect but pitching, they have terrific position players, dunning and scism roaming the skies in the OF, and Keith Mauney, moore, holcolm and handful of very talented juniors in the infield, their lineup will be powerful, we will see in a few months