1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Early Predictions

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by cheesecake76, Oct 21, 2004.

1. WNCBB

WNCBB Full Access Member

Western North Carolina

TC Roberson returns seven starters from last year's 3A team that finished #1 in NC and 19th in Baseball America's national poll. Four of their players just returned from the WWBA World Series in Ft. Meyers. They should once again have an explosive offense, along with some of the better pitching in the state. Key returning players are SR OF Cameron Maybin, SR OF Wes Williams, SR RHP Seth Laughter, JR 2B/RHP Mitch Hefner, JR RHP/1B Josh Thrailkill and SO SS Justin Jackson. Newcomers that could make a difference are SO RHP/1B Jonathan Wright and SO 3B John Ramsey.

2. NCBBallFan

NCBBallFan Retired ex-moderator

Everyone knows about TC Roberson. They should have a national ranking this year, but may NOT be the only team in the state with a national ranking (I'm thinking of Hoggard).

Can someone give us a more complete picture of the teams in the far western part and far eastern part of the state?

Anyone have any indepth insight (or SWAG's) concerning 1A, 2A teams in the state?

No one has contested my Wild Guesses that I pulled out of my A.., Scientific or not .... It's about time for some disagreement, particularly from the Raleigh/Winston/Greensboro areas. Climb aboard and give us your ideas.

3. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Hmm...interesting comment. With 23 wins last year in arguably the toughest conference, one would believe they won a few big games. So, I'm not sure what they need to learn....but if you are referring to winning the BIG one....well, there was only one team that did that.

Good thread!!!!!

Oh, and I second the opinion of Coach Demming at Myers Park. He handles himself with class....is the most underrated coach in the SW4A. I love his coaching style and philosophy. He gets everyone involved and let's the players have fun.

It's unbelievable the quality of talent in coaching in the SW4A

4. NCBBallFan

Welcome back Braves ... I knew I could get a rise out of you SOMEHOW !!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

South Meck has to be the clearest favorites in 4A ball in the west. It's going to be fun watching them again this season. The more I look at the Myers Park/Providence situation in the SW4A, the more I like Myers Park this year. Don't let MP sandbag on you.......they are pretty good at it over there.

But I don't remember any time recently when there was such a clear favorite in the SW4A. It doesn't look to be quite as competitive this year.

5. ss-05

ss-05 Full Access Member

too early

Too early to get excited in our area. I could remind everyone of what a lousy job we did last year in picking champions. We couldn't pick last years 3-a champion even after the season was over! My favorite was Northeast Guilford, Wossa loved Ragsdale, the guys out west was betting on T.C., W.Rowan was a favorite, Gastonia Ashbrook to repeat, some folks around here really liked Glenn and powerhouse E.Randolph. Guess what ? The champion W. Brunswick came from the coast and to my knowledge was never mentioned on this board. After watching most of the playoffs I would award the second best team to S. Alamance. Another sleeper.
    I really believe state champions are made in the second half of the season. Teams that have made adjustments, get on a roll, and believe they can't get beat. Things that happen in the cold games of Feb. and March aren't going to affect what happens in April and May. I could play it safe and name the teams that have good programs every year E. Randolph, Ragsdale, Glenn, and Northeast Guilford flat out field 20 game winners every year. This year I look for some bubble teams to make some noise in our area. These teams might not win conf. championships but they sure could decide them. S. Alamance had a great year last year, expect another. Burlington Williams has a talented young coach , Coach Simmons, watch them. Rockingham County fights every year but just comes up short, keep up with their lefty Stultz he is very good. Southwest Guilford will beat you! Coach Holmes is a wonderful coach. The only thing I am sure of is all of this will change by the end of March, and change again by the end of May.

Footnote to 'itsinthegame' on your earlier post,I can appreciate your love for the Glenn Bobcats but they did not finish 3rd. in the state last year, they were beat by S. Alamance in the 3rd. round. 11- 0.

6. ss-05

ss-05 Full Access Member

correction

Sorry itsinthegame, that foot -note was meant for 'justwatching'.

7. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Sorry Pops for not be very active. I have 3 computers and all 3 are broke..virus on one...one just broke and one is too confusing to work

Last edited: Nov 9, 2004
  8. itsinthegame

itsinthegame Full Access Member

SS-05,

LOL - I dont even know who the Glenn Bobcats are and have no idea where Alamance is? It took me about three months just to know how to get to Pineville quickly. LOL

But I will say this - I have been here since January 2004 - and watched alot of games at varying age groups - from 14 to college - and all I can say is Wow!

Just a ton of talent at all levels. A real joy to watch all of these young men pursue their dreams.

9. NCBBallFan

Here's some brief directions. From Passaic, NJ, drive South-South-West for about 540 miles. Quit driving when it starts looking like it never snows. It does snow, it just doesn't look like it does.

Pull into any country gas station. If the attendant is wearing overalls and you can't recognize half the words being said, you're getting close.

10. catamount36

catamount36 Full Access Member

ncbballfan and ontherun,
    any more info on the cpc???

north davidson- should be tough this year. should have a strong (young) pitching staff. we know meadows will have them playing hardnosed baseball as usual.

south rowan- alway tough, return most of last years team. well coached and very competetive

reynolds- loaded, fouschee, johnson, derose and laramore. 4 good players that play hard and will work to beat you.

davie- very talented, still a little young. will be competitve once again

west forsyth- lost 10 seniors, returning a few players- snow, siega-riz, holt and stamper. pitching ??? hitting ???

any ore info out there??