1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

East Rowan Baseball

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by DirtyMoBaseball, Oct 29, 2009.

1. DirtyMoBaseball

DirtyMoBaseball Full Access Member

Did anyone see the story on WBT about ER baseball(it is also on their web-site.) It metioned several things that we in the NPC have heard for years, mainly practices and school boundries. I have alot of respect for Coach Hitower on the diamond, but am beginning to wonder about the life preparation for his young men if he knowingly permits these things to go on.

2. travisunc

travisunc Full Access Member

I don't know all the facts of this story, but I do know that WBTV's "investigative team" left out the following information related to Greg Mckenzie's reassignment. How could this not be brought up at all? I'm not sure if these accusation were proven true.......but obviously Mckenzie lost his job.

http://www.salisburypost.com/Preps/051409-mckenzie

It's really sad if a man lost his livlihood if the above accusations are false. Was he fired for "striking a student" or "blowing the whistle" on the baseball team? Which is it because it seems there is a lot of deflecting going on either by Mckenzie and/or the East Rowan administration?

Last edited: Oct 30, 2009
  3. Red Bear

Red Bear Full Access Member

http://www.wbtv.com/global/story.asp?s=11409873

To me, NCHSSA comes off as a joke in this story.

4. Red Bear

Red Bear Full Access Member

If this were true, I'd imagine they would have let him go entirely and not just transfer him. But then again, we're talking about teachers - a group with more staying power than any lousy politician. I should know, I'm married to one - a teacher, that is.....

Whatever the reason for his transfer option, his allegations are interesting.

5. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

This whole thing smells. I have a feeling you won't find many clean--including a coach taking notes to turn in another coach.

6. travisunc

travisunc Full Access Member

Why are you taking notes for "5 years" then all of a sudden wait to turn them over? If you click on the above link to the Salisbury Post and subsequent articles, there is never a mention in McKenzie's situation of the East Rowan baseball program. His explanation is that he was joking around with the student in PE class "like he always does", then the student made an accusation. The problem I have with the "joking around" part of this, is the part about grabbing the student by the ear and making him do 10 push-ups. This doesn't sound like playing. Again, I don't know why, if the real reason he was reassigned had to do with the baseball team, why didn't he come out and say this from the beginning?

All that being said, I know there has be suspicions flying around concerning a few of the Rowan County schools as well as other programs in other sports from around the state. It's always a sticky subject and you better have evidence if you make an accusation, otherwise you come off in a less than flattering light.

7. tools

tools Full Access Member

Probably didn't have enough on him to fire him, but did you notice he was a PE teacher now he is a science teacher. Probably not certified to teach Science, some of you teachers on here can probably answer this question,but I believe he has a couple of years to get licenced or move on.:behead:

8. TheOriole

TheOriole Full Access Member

Schools and coaches all over this state and probably elsewhere around the country are constantly and blantantly "circumventing" the rules and cheating to get an edge. PLAIN AND SIMPLE!!!!!!!!!!!

9. DirtyMoBaseball

DirtyMoBaseball Full Access Member

Doesn't make it right, certainly sends the wrong message to our youth, ad is unfair to those who play by the rules.

10. nate1992

nate1992 Junior Member

If you believe all this. I have some swamp land

..in Arizona.

Hey DirtyMo~(Why do you have that name if you are so Lysol Clean?)

Focus on the season to come..maybe Mooresville needs a new basketball coach with a nice left hook to get pushups done and laps run! Obviously whiney McKenzie needs a job!
    LIG man (Let it go, man it's already been dealt with and focus on the spring and your new Division).... Besides you have posted this on every site you could think of with no response ..so...move on from the green monster. It's Pretty obvious and pretty lame..:dead-horse-fast2: