1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

ECU Recruiting Class

Discussion in 'College Baseball' started by tnarron29, Nov 26, 2011.

1. tnarron29

tnarron29 Junior Member

I love ECU and coach Godwin, that being said his new recruiting class is full of out of state talent. I understand getting the best talent but if you remember part of coach Roberts downfall at UNC was no in state talent. I would also argue that what has been wrong with NC State of late. There is enough baseball talent in NC to supply State,UNC,and ECU. Carolina has been very good with in state guys. I just thin you have to be careful with out of state recruiting in baseball. Our juco teams throughout the state are good . Pitt, Lenoir, Southeastern, Brunswic,Catawba just to name a few. Plenty of talent in NC.

2. Green Grass

Green Grass Junior Member

I like your thought but please remember!
    Roberts won with Scott Bradley, BJ Surhoff, Walt Weiss, and Jesse Levis.
    Fox won with Mike Bynum, Kyle Snyder, Ryan Snare, Andrew Miller, Matt Iannetta, Andrew Carignan, Luke Putkonen, Tim Fedroff, Matt Harvey, Mark Fluery, Brian Moran and recently w/ Kent Emanuel/Colin Moran

3. karlrocket

karlrocket Full Access Member

4. Green Grass

rookie davis would have been a difference maker that didnt arrive
    and
    john wooten's high school teammate also was a legitimate in state recruit who chose to not wear purple

its difficult to keep getting burned by in state prospects. the recruits werent loyal (purple blooded) therefore we cant always expect coaches to be loyal to the state.

there are 2 sides to every story.

***are there legitimate top 30 program type players in the 2012 class from NC who wanted to go to ECU but didnt get recruited to be a pirate??? ultimately this is the only issue that can be questioned.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2011
  5. Green Grass

it must be noted that ECU's recruiting class is ranked 34th in the country only behind top 10 NC among our in state institutions.

NCSU - 74th, UNCW - 79th, WCU - 99th

with the top few recruits in our state departing, it only makes sense that ECU is doing what it takes to remain competitive in the CUSA

maybe the in-state talent is either down or will be later blooming.