1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Enka Schedule and Results

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by EnkaJet04, Mar 6, 2003.

1. EnkaJet04

EnkaJet04 Full Access Member

Enka Schedule

Tuesday March 4 at McDowell 4:00
    Thursday March 6 vs McDowell 4:00
    Tuesday March 11 vs T.C. Roberson 4:00 *
    Thursday March 13 vs R-S Central 4:00
    Tuesday March 18 at Asheville High 4:00 *
    Tuesday March 25 at Smokey Mountain 4:00 *
    Thursday March 27 vs North Buncombe 4:00 *
    Friday March 28 vs Tuscola 4:00 *
    Tuesday April 1 vs Erwin 4:00 *
    Wednesday April 2 at Reynolds 4:00
    Friday April 4 at East Henderson 4:00 *
    Tuesday April 8 vs Franklin 4:30 *
    Friday April 11 at T.C. Roberson 4:30 *
    Wednesday April 23 vs Owen 6:00
    Friday April 25 vs Asheville High 4:30 *
    Tuesday April 29 at North Buncombe 4:30 *
    Wednesday April 30 vs Reynolds 6:00
    Friday May 2 vs East Henderson 4:30 *
    Tuesday May 6 at Tuscola 4:30 *
    Wednesday May 7 at Owen 4:30
    Friday May 9 at Erwin 4:30 *
    Tuesday May 13 vs Smokey Mountain 4:30 *
    Friday May 16 at Franklin 4:30 *

*Mountain Athletic Conference Games

2. CFBall

CFBall Senior Member

EnkaJet04, thanks for your schedule and ENKA Softball thread is just what we needed on TBR Softball...............Hope to be at the RSCentral game...........gilbert(P), good drop, can spot up and off speed pitch there as well, Catcher....Radford calls a good game and think they are ready to defend their title in the conference. Its early and good luck in 2003!

3. EnkaJet04

Enka won a close game today against T.C. Roberson 2 to 1. Game was close the whole way with Enka going into the 7th with a 2 - 0 lead. The Rams lead off with a single and then moved to second. The next batter hit a slow roller to third baseman and she looked the runner back then pulled the first baseman off the bag, allowing the runner on second to move to third. The next play the catcher for Enka threw down to second to get the runner but the throw was late and the runner on third scored. Katie Blankenship then struck the next 3 batters out to win the game. Roberson pitcher Courtney Hudson (transfer from Owen) pitched a great game but came up on the losing end. Good start to the conference play and an indication of how tight the league is going to be this year. :fight:

4. EnkaJet04

Enka played RS Central today and won by a score of 9 - 2.
    Amber Banks pitched for enka and won her second game allowing 2 unearned runs. Enka was lead in hitting by Brittany Shetley who went 3 for 4 with a HR, 2 singles, 2 RBI's and 4 runs scored.
    Whitney Hinson went 2 for 3 with a triple, single. Katie Blankenship went 2 for 3 with two singles.I left out Lindsey Wright by mistake..She Went 3 for 4 with 2 RBI's. Enka is now 4-0 and plays Asheville High next on tuesday of next week. Go Sugar Jets!
    :applause:

Last edited: Mar 14, 2003
  5. EnkaJet04

I tried to post last night but the server must have been too hot for my email to get through...haha...Enka finally got to play another game after almost 2 weeks off. Enka topped Smokey Mountain today 15 to 0. No need to go into details on this game. Enka moves to 5-0 and 2 -0 in the conference. Big game tomorrow (thurs 27) against North Buncombe. I anticipate a tough game from both teams...I went to see Ali Manns pitch against Roberson and she was her typical methodical self. Dan always a pleasure to watch Ali work. I will miss her next year since she is a senior this year.

6. EnkaJet04

long day

The day the wheels fell off....haha....Not a great day for Enka as they were sent a message that North Buncombe is the front runner in the mac conference so far. North Buncombe 5 - Enka 1.
    Ali pitched her usual great game. Scattering hits all day. North Buncombe had timely hits and costly errors by Enka spells LOSS.
    My hats off to North Buncombe as they played a very good game and deserve to be the front runner.

7. EnkaJet04

next day

Enka 10 Tuscola 0
    Enka bounced back from their first loss and beat Tuscola today behind the arm of Amber Banks.

Next Game Tuesday against Erwin.

8. EnkaJet04

Erwin

Enka played Erwin today at home. Enka came out on top with a final score of 13 - 1. It was a close game until the 3rd inning with Enka up 4 to 1 when Erwin's starting pitcher Lauren West was no longer able to pitch due to a Broken finger nail on her pitching hand which caused her to lose control of her pitches. Erwin's lone run was on a solo homerun by Alisha Anders on the first pitch to her in the second inning. Congratulations Alisha. Katie Blankenship picked up the win for Enka.
    Enka hit well as a team so I will just say it was a team effort...

Enka's record now stands at 7 -1 overall, 4 -1 in conference play.

9. EnkaJet04

reynolds

Reynolds 9 Enka 5.

Enka showed up physically but I am not sure where they left their minds. Good performance from Reynolds and their freshman pitcher Amy Huntley. Both teams have big conference games on friday and since this game was out of conference both teams big time pitchers got the day off. Amber Banks Enka) pitched a good game but her defense let her down. Enka left 12 runners on base and I believe 3 innings they left bases loaded. Opportunities were there but Enka failed to capitalize. I would not want to be a player at practice on thursday for Enka...haha

Enka's record stands at 7-2 overall (4-1) conference.

10. EnkaJet04

East Henderson

Enka 6 - East Henderson 2

Enka played very well not only defensively but offensively. Enka's Katie Blankenship had a no-hitter going into the bottom of the 6th before East got two runs on two hits. Enka had a lot of balls that were hit hard that were right at a player that could have made the winning score even larger. Enka plays next week against Franklin at home on tuesday and at T.C. on friday before spring break.
    Enka's overall record is 8-2 (5-1) in conference.