1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

ERA AND INNINGS PITCHED

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by oriolesfan, Apr 30, 2006.

1. oriolesfan

oriolesfan Junior Member

Lets hear some of the top ERA out there and Innings pitched

2. DCL26

DCL26 Full Access Member

West Stanly

Tyler Almond, West Stanly 1.28 Almond 4-1
    Kurt Benton, West Stanly 1.75 Benton 5-0
    It amazes me that these two guys are not drawing more attention. Lenior Rhyne's head coach,and Wingate's head coach was at the old ballpark scouting Kurt Benton on Friday. It makes me wonder if this team was in Charlotte what kind of attention they would be getting.
    I will try to get the innings each of these young men have pitched and post accordingly.:twocents:

3. Mudcat

Mudcat gone

West Henderson

Seth Grant, 38 in, 7-0, 1.11
    Mathew Pruitt, 38 in, 7-1, 1.47

4. baseballmom34

baseballmom34 Full Access Member

Forbush Falcons

Corey Norman, Junior, 55 IP, 8-0, 1.02 ERA
    Taylor Choplin, Senior, 40 IP, 6-1, 1.40 ERA

Last edited: May 9, 2006
  5. rice14

rice14 Junior Member

dcl26...glad to see i'm not the only one who thinks these guys should be getting more looks. As far as the innings pitched; Sunday's local paper (which i'm skeptical to post anything it said...poorest local sport coverage i've ever seen, as i'm sure u'd agree)...had Benton moving to 6-0 w/ his ERA lowering to 1.46 after his shutout friday night, but it left out his innings pitched. I'm assuming he's in the low to mid 40's, because he has 6 complete games now. It has Almond at 33 innings pitched with 55 KO's.
    These guys are West Stanly's 2 aces, but they've only pitched about half the team's innings because WS has 4 other very good pitchers...paper had the team ERA at 1.38...only 87 hits allowed in 131 innings.

...Let me know if that sounds about right to you; I'd rather take somebody who's seen the games word for it rather than the paper.

6. tj21

tj21 Moderator

Might also mention that Benton/Almond has shut down some quality opponents as well. Almond limited a very strong hitting NWCabarrus team to one run, and I believe Benton is the kid that shut down Charlotte Christian, isn't he?

7. Big Byrd

Big Byrd Member

Riverside

Justin Duncan 44 2/3 innings pitched, .56 ERA (8-0) Awesome:229031_ha

8. BaseballMan

BaseballMan Full Access Member

Mac Read, Lumberton 56 innings 0.875 ERA, 85 Ks, 7-3

9. DCL26

DCL26 Full Access Member

TJ

Matthew Burrelson is the pitcher that shut down Charlotte Christian. With Wil Huneycutt picking up the save in that game. These two young men are West Stanly's third and fourth pitchers in their rotation, with Almond and Benton being number one and two. But quiet honestly they could be a lot of teams number one and two's. With that being said, Almond and Benton are both Quality young men on and off the field. It is a shame that some people don't know where Oakboro is, and what talent there is in Stanly County. :twocents:

10. DCL26

DCL26 Full Access Member

Rice14

Rice14, I totally agree with you on these young men. Yes, the Albemarle News and Press, sorry the Stanly News and Press absolutely is the worst coverage of any newspaper I have ever seen. That paper is just a waste of good trees.:twocents: