1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Fall Baseball

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by playme, Aug 28, 2003.

1. NCBBallFan

NCBBallFan Retired ex-moderator

Coach44 ...

I gotta echo Braves's sentiments. You guys have an excellent squad. That's a strong group of players. It was a pleasure seeing them.

2. Intimidator Coach

Intimidator Coach Premium Member

On Sunday in Mocksville the Titans ( west forsyth i think ) beat the Raiders twice.

The Raiders had the first game won but elected to stick with player development and gave up 4 runs in the bottom of the 7th.

Austin Carithers had 4 strong innings followed by 2 good innings for Walker Snow( 14 year old ) in game one.
    Josh Hughes( huggies) had a walk-off 2 run blast into the woods.

The second game was a disaster from the start. :D

The titans had some pretty good speed on the bases.

3. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Kudos to the coach for sticking with his goals of developing players. Often times a coach gets caught up in the competition and forgets what fall ball is about.

4. Intimidator Coach

Coach Morrison is the China Grove Middle school baseball coach.

The kids on this team are all South Rowan HS players except for 1 Kannapolis player.
    Morrison seems to love coaching baseball and i appreciate what he is doing for this group.

5. homerun4

homerun4 Full Access Member

TAYLORSVILLE SWEPT NORTH FORSYTH, MOCKSVILLE AND NORTH DAVIDSON SPLIT. LIKE YOU SAID ABOUT COACH MORRISON NOT ONLY IS THERE GOOD PLAYERS IN THIS LEAGUE THERE IS ALOT OF EXCELLENT COACHES ALSO.

6. CPCbaseball

CPCbaseball Full Access Member

Did Daniel Moore pitch any Sunday against the Titans? Do you know who pitched for the Titans?

Also does anyone know anything about a wood bat tournament this weekend in Charlotte? Heard some people talking about one this weekend.

7. Intimidator Coach

Daniel started game 2, but struggled finding a zone.
    The Titans used a tall slender kid #9 i think with a gotee and mustashe, Pitched the whole game in game 1 , a couple of lefties threw for the titans in game 2. One being a lefty sidearm.

8. bball23

bball23 Full Access Member

Fallbaseball

Coach 44, Just wondering how the team done this weekend? Who did you guys play? Scores etc. .... Where you guys are playing next? Would appreciate any info.

9. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Re: Fallbaseball

I saw two of their games Saturday. You have to keep in mind that the Red Sox are just now coming together as a team. They are extremely talented in all positions.

The two of the games I saw were against On Deck O's and Impact Baseball. Both games were winnable for the Red Sox, but they lost both by 1 run. Coach44 is still experimenting with his lineup, preparing for the Jupiter trip, but they potentially have the strongest squad in the State....of course, the two teams they played were not exactly chopped liver either.

Impact and the Red Sox both suffer from lack of practice time, but with each tournament they get better and better as a team. That is one of the strengths of the On Deck O's, as they get to practice together all summer and into the fall.

PS---there were too many to mention all the players that looked good for the Red Sox, but one in particular that stood out in my mind was Reggie Dixon........man, that kid is good!!!

Wes Cogdill pitched very well..oh oh...here I go..mentioning names. I think I'll let Coach give his opinion of this past weekend :)

Last edited: Sep 16, 2003
  10. catamount36

catamount36 Full Access Member

not to take anything away from south rowan and their coach... i agree with his player development attitude. just want to let you know that the triad titans also was on the player development plan as well. didn't want anybobdy to think the titans were out only to win. their coach is a long time aau and ussa coach, but has agreed to help out with the titan team and develop them for the school season. to answer the intimidator coach. the lender righty was dan poindexter. several guys including dusty snow threw the second game.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2003