1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Farewell to the Seniors

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Braves, May 24, 2006.

1. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Let this thread be the place to post a memory of a senior(s) that you will miss. Say anything that you want...from a memory that you want to share or to just say thank you.

To Matt Layman- my respect for you continues to grow as you handled this season with a lot of class. A lot of players would have complained and hurt their team's morale by sulking, but you rose to the occasion when your opportunities presented itself :trophy: You have really grown into a fine young man and one I can proudly say that I know. I look forward to following your career at Spartanburg Methodist as your future will be filled with continued success

2. Dbacks20

Dbacks20 Moderator

I want to thank all the Seniors...there was (and still is) some great baseball games played in NC this year.

I especially want to thank the guys from South Meck....I have watched you guys and even coached most of you guys at one time or the other over these past years.

It has been a pleasure watching all of you grow and mature not just as ball players but into fine young men. I'm proud to have had the opportunity to get to know each of you.

Good luck in your future endevors....we are going to miss you!!!!

Thanks Guys

Matt Andress
    Chase Austin
    TJ Freeman
    Anthony Guglielmi
    Matt Layman
    Brad Marren
    Ryan Morris
    Reid Rollison
    Wes Skidmore

:trophy: :229031_ha :acclaim: :grouphug: :boune: :jump: :xyzwave: :invasion: :notworthy

3. Braves

Matt Andress
    Chase Austin
    TJ Freeman
    Anthony Guglielmi
    Matt Layman
    Brad Marren
    Ryan Morris
    Reid Rollison
    Wes Skidmore

I couldn't agree with you more dbacks. All of those guys are quality young men that will go on to make contributions in their lives.

I guarantee you at some point, I will need to address Brad Marren as "yes, sir"...he is going to be an Admiral

4. tigermom

tigermom Full Access Member

Tiger Seniors Rock!

Thanks and Congratulations to the Seniors at Fred T. Foard for an AWESOME season. Jason, Brandon, Mitch, Ben, Brian and Tyler all contributed to a 25-4 record. Whether you go off to college, to work, to serve your country, or serve God, know you were part of something great and we will miss you guys tons.

5. WMeckBaseball8

WMeckBaseball8 W. Meck Indian (Not Hawk)

Good luck to Seniors Brandon Reeves, Troy Lanham, Nathan Cyr, Jeremy Gray, Justin Meadows, and David Harrington over at West Meck.

Brandon and Troy are 4 year players that finally got a little taste of winning for the first time since they've been there and West Meck is going to miss them.

I'll never forget playing with Reeves, Lanham, and Cyr...all first class guys.

Great season guys :trophy:

6. nextlevel5

nextlevel5 Full Access Member

hopewell seniors

good luck to you as you head out to the future!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

matt cochran:trophy:
    wesley dozier:woohoo:
    matt futrell:trophy:
    chris sharp:woot: :woohoo:
    stanton smith :trophy:

and to my son andy oliver. i remember t-ball and all the daisies you picked to get where you are now, good luck at pfeiffer love you son:ylsuper: :trophy: :woohoo:

7. BaseballMan

BaseballMan Full Access Member

Tip of the Hat

Lumberton's seniors won 45 games the last two years. The 18 this year were far more than anyone could have predicted. You did us proud.

Jaime Jackson
    Travis Ransom
    Josh Freeman
    Mike Oxendine
    Jordan Dickerson
    Jordan Smith

Thanks for sticking it out when the going got tough.

And to my son, Mac Read. I have nothing but love, respect, and admiration for you. I Know of no player that has ever done more with what the ability God gave him. The tireless work to get better and your will to win paid off with a great career and even greater opportunity at Davidson.

Last edited: May 25, 2006
  8. Coach 27

Coach 27 Full Access Member

Seniors are special

You hear all the time people talk about senior leadership and how they wish they would have gotten it or how they did and it made the team special. Going into this season in all honesty we as coaches felt we would have to seriously overachieve in order to compete for a playoff spot. After loosing 9 seniors and 6 starters we were very concerned about our ability to compete at the level we have over the last several years. Going into a HS season with only 2 seniors on the roster and only one of them projected to play considerable time there was legitimate reason for concern. Add to that we only started 3 juniors. Our two seniors Mike Robbins and Scott Lorbacher were a major reason we won 20 games and shared the conference title. And they both were a big reason we reached the third round of the state playoffs. Mike was cut his freshman year. He didnt find excuses or complain about the coaches , he sought us out and asked what he could do to get better and make the team the next season. He played on our summer team and worked his butt off and make the JV his soph year. Last year as a Jr on varsity he played very little getting mop up time on the hill and maybe 6 or 7 abs. He continued to have a great attitude and always looked for ways to improve and never complained or looked for excuses he looked for solutions. This year as a sr he was our #2 pitcher for most of the year , played cf ss and 3b. He was awesome on the field and off the field. An honor student in the class room and a leader on the baseball field. He made all conference posting a 5-0 record in conference games. He hit a 2 run hr in our second round win over a very good South Johnston team that helped us advance. Mike is the kind of kid that makes you glad you coach. He turned down some baseball opportunities at a couple of good D-3 schools to attend ECU and study accounting. He says he is happy with what he has accomplished in baseball and that he has learned so many things about life through the game. I am so proud of him. The other Sr is Scott Lorbacher. Scott by his own admission is just not a very talented baseball player. But he earned the respect of his teamates and coaches with his unreal work ethic in the off season. Scott never missed a day he was a 100% guy that was there everyday from June to Jan. He led our guys in off season conditioning drills. We could always count on Scott to make sure that everything was done and done right when we were not able to attend due to rules restrictions etc. He was rewarded with a spot on the team for his hard work and dedication and above all his leadership. Scott only played a couple of innings all year and got about 3 abs. But one of the highlights of the year was when he got an ab late in the year and hit a shot to the fence for a dbl. That smile on his face as he stood at second base while the dug out went wild has left an impression in my mind forever. Scott is what it is all about. He was all about the team and the only thing he wanted was to win , period. I will miss these two guys. I left alot of tears on the field last night for these guys not for me. God willing I will have more senior years with these boys. But these two seniors are what senior leadership is all about. I love you boys good luck in the future.

9. Coach Tuck

Coach Tuck Full Access Member

Person High Schools seniors Robbie Byrd, Cody Jones, and Jerrod Moore will be missed not only as baseball players for Person, but as tremendous young men and good citizens of the community. I'm glad I still have the privilegde of coaching these young men during the upcoming American Legion season, otherwise I may have shed a few tears after the High School season was over. I taught Jerrod in Elementary School and It has been a blessing to watch him grow to the man he is today. Robbie and Cody I began coaching at Person and I have enjoyed being around them from day one. Good luck guys in your college baseball careers and remember that you can always count on me being there for you at any time you may need me. I love you guys. PDT

10. Braves

Good stuff guys...keep it coming

And to nextlevel...."Picking daisies" CLASSIC!!!!!!!!!:woohoo: