1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Feb 6th Scores Thread

Discussion in 'Girls Basketball' started by whspioneers, Feb 6, 2007.

1. whspioneers

whspioneers Full Access Member

Ill be heading over to WHS in about 25-35 minutes for senior night. WHS women will be saying goodbye to Paris Brown, Sue Hall, Kelly Cherry-Leigh, Brooke Sturgill, Anna Romano, and Lauren Stamey. GO Pioneers, I don't want to go back to East monday. Get a win so we can go to South.

Post scores here for
    McDowell vs Freedom
    Alexander Central @ Watauga
    AC Reynolds @ South Caldwell​

2. reynoldsrocks23

reynoldsrocks23 1999,2002 4A State Champs

AC Reynolds went to South Caldwell tonight and came out with the win, 49-33. Big win for the Lady Rockets tonight coming off the loss to Watauga. I was told the Lady Rockets played a box and 1 on Hobbs and did a great job in shutting her down. I didn't get the name of who did the defensive job, but I am betting Taylor Lovin had a hand in it, much like the Freedom game she played on Ford. I also don't know the final stats but with 33 points given up, looks like it was a fine job. ACR looks to have clinched at least 4th having beat South Caldwell twice, 3rd isn't impossible.

3. mountainball

mountainball Full Access Member

Watauga 62
    Alexander Central 66

Chelsey Morris had 24 points.
    Alexander grabs the 6th slot and Watauga gets the 7th spot and most likely East Burke Monday night.

Great job by the Cougars tonight. They fought back from being down 8 late in the third and held the lead down the stretch. They hit some crucial Free throws at the end.

4. reynoldsrocks23

5. scfan

scfan Full Access Member

SC came out very flat tonight. Hobbs for some reason only took two shots in the first half. Don't know why that happened. SC seemed to be tryimg something different on offense and it didn't work. No one was looking to score and it showed. Congrats to Reynolds on a well played game.

6. reynoldsrocks23

7. matrix123

matrix123 Full Access Member

AC/Watauga

Mountainball, I believe that you meant to say Meghan Huffman had 24 points for Alexander tonight in the win. There is not a Chelsey Morris on the team. It was Huffman who had 24

8. billybobblockhead

billybobblockhead Full Access Member

Hope that is right, rr23. Never could pick up the feed from WBRM and I totally forgot about the Morganton station. Not surprised at all if it is.

9. fightintitan90

fightintitan90 Full Access Member

That is the correct score. Impressive night for Kurie Washington, she had 34. McDowell took the lead early and never looked back.

10. bigdan

bigdan Prep Hoops Moderator

McDowell did win 83-65...the discussion on who is the best player in the NW4A may have been answered tonight.

Kurie Washington: 34 points, 12 boards, 5 assists, 3 steals
    Ali Ford 17 pts (6 for 17 from the field.)

McDowell grabbed an early lead and kept building on it. Freedom would fight back and get the game within a couple possessons but McDowell would answer. Big, and I mean BIG props to Lady Titans guard Jessica Smith. She played Ali the whole game with exception of a couple minutes and pretty much never gave Ali Ford a chance to get going. Just like some have said earlier, if you get Ali frustrated, then she and her team will make some bad decisions. That pretty much happened tonight. Not only did Jessica do an excellent job in making Ford's night miserable, Jess also contributed offensively scoring 12 points.

Meanwhile, Freedom played pretty much everybody other than Ali on Kurie and there wasn't much stopping her. They even had Morrison on Washington at one point. And BTW for dribbles, Kurie nailed a three-pointer right in someone's face during the first half.