1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Finally...it has to be said (A TBR Classic)

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by olefty, Oct 18, 2006.

1. Coach 27

Coach 27 Full Access Member

Just giving the information

PGCrosschecker National Rankings
    S- Plays Showcase
    N- Does not play showcase
    07-Class
    #3- S
    #6- NS
    #41- S
    #85- S
    #119- S
    #135- S
    #182- S
    #203- S
    #347- S
    #353- S
    #369- S
    #431- NS
    #466- S
    #470- NS
    #485- S
    #500- S
    #639- S
    #706- S
    #710- S
    #846- S
    #907- S
    #918- S
    #933-S
    #1026- S
    #1041- NS
    #1066- NS
    PGCrosschecker National Rankings
    08 Class
    #34- S
    #54- S
    #86- S
    #93- S
    #143- S
    #157- S
    #320- S

Only NC players listed. There are others that play for NC showcase teams that are ranked but do not attend HS in NC so I did not list them.

Draw from it what you will. I just put the information out there for those that are interested. Ive had my say already on this thread. I just thought some of you would be interested in the rankings.

2. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Thanks Coach

3. Dbacks20

Dbacks20 Moderator

TJ...glad you're back man. It's hard to keep Braves out of trouble when you're gone.

Ryan, is doing fine...he just got back today from Instructs in Fla. He's a little tired but had a great time.

Talk to you soon.

4. mm77

mm77 Junior Member

How do you think PGCrosschecker found the players that didn't showcase?
    I doubt if they went to any Legion games or HS games so how could they find them since they did not go to their showcase? I wouldn't think the rankings by PG Crosschecker is a good reference since they are part of the largest showcase of all. Do you think they saw all the Legion or HS players play? Of course not, they can only rate the players that showcase.

5. baseballmom34

baseballmom34 Full Access Member

Just my two cents...does it really matter how one reaches his goals as long as he reaches them through hard work, dedication and sacrifice? People have been and will always be afraid of change. While some wish to re-invent the wheel, baseball has always been a game of three outs, that will never change. Enjoy this time spent with your son whether it be through Legion or Showcase ball, there are lessons to be learned in both!

6. Intimidator Coach

Intimidator Coach Premium Member

Very true TJ...
    how many innings does a showcase pitcher get to throw in a weekend ?
    How many for a Legion pitcher..
    Same goes for position players and the at bats...

i have nothing against showcase teams either..

:smile:

7. Intimidator Coach

^5

8. Intimidator Coach

well this thread took a whole 30 minutes to read .. just like it did in the spring
    and the fall of last year...

9. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

...and the year before that....and the year before that...

10. kv553

kv553 Junior Member

Look, I didn't post my resume to impress everyone...I simply wanted to separate myself as someone who has been around for a while compared to the average parent who has not been through this process before. I also mentioned that I have several college recruting coordinators on speed dial. Again, this is not to blow my own horn, but to illustrate the close contact I have with those who are recruiting YOUR sons. My conversations with these guys are all the same when it comes to this topic. Recruiting budgets!...it doesn't make sense to go to three legion games where you will see 2 teams with very few players to choose from. You can spend the same amount of money on hotel, food, etc. at a showcase event and see triple the amount of teams and talent. Now, with all that being said, I do believe that there are some small towns that still produce quality legion programs. Sumter, SC is a perfect example of that taking place. I also agree that some of the showcase events have become diluted. When little Johnny doesn't make the high profile showcase team, little Johnny's father puts together a team wit below average players. The other problem is some tournament hosts are concerned with putting a good tournament together. They will accept anyone who is willing to put up the entry fee. There have been some people in the showcase community that have suggested a showcase league. May not be a bad idea??? Anyway, that's my rant for the evening