1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

First Round Results

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Red Bear, May 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WMeckBaseball8

WMeckBaseball8 W. Meck Indian (Not Hawk)

Since that's what you call a first pitch ball that was sent 390? Thought so.

Just what I thought, classless.

2. WMeckBaseball8

I have played baseball pretty much my whole life, I'm not the guy that sat the bench either, I'm the guy that won All Conference and All County that the younger guys looked up to. I've done my share of trash talking, but never have I yelled profanity at another team. If you want to go ahead and say that your coach didn't say that, that's fine. I heard it. I saw it. I heard what he was saying to our crowd during the game also. This isn't about "he said, she said", this is about a groupd of ballplayers at West Meck that have had mediocre seasons for the past 3 years and finally got to go somewhere this year. With an exception for #10, nobody on our team said a word. Brandon Reeves, who is possibly the most quiet guy I have ever met, had to listen to South Caldwell players laugh at him and call him a midget as he was warming up. The talk continued into the inning and Catch Troy Lanham had to go talk to him because he was getting so mad...and that side never comes out of Brandon. I was there for our player intro's too, and as they were announcing your HUGE team, everybody clapped for you. As they announce the West Meck team, I got to sit there and watch almost all of your team laugh at them. You think that's a class act? I don't. I've watched these guys all year, watched them work hard to get to where they are. I played with some of these guys while we were having bad seasons, and never have I heard what was coming out of SC's mouths. I guess where you're from it's a different style of baseball, even when we beat Garinger 20-0 we didn't laugh at them. After ya'll laughed at us it took a while for the mouths to start running, especially when you were only winning 2-0 going into the 3rd. Once that big inning was over, that's when it started.

This says nothing about the style of play that South Caldwell had. I told you LOUD AND CLEAR that I didn't expect to win this game, I expected to see what I saw out of South Caldwell : Guys that were bread to play ball. Bumgarnder looks like he's 25 years old, he's a monster. All of your players have the ability to play in college, and you have what it takes to win a state championship. Any team that has to play them needs to play flawlessly to win.

Like I said though, if West had an ace that they could run to (Derek Yow from East Gaston was supposed to stay over there at West, that would have been his game) then West could have won that game 3-1. Say what you want, but The Indians NEVER looked scared. They faught.

And onto another subject, to gett off of that one, any of South Caldwell's fans come to the game? If so, how did you like our field?

3. TheOriole

TheOriole Full Access Member

Boy oh boy...

what a long tread to have to go thru...yet my one cent two cents on all of it.....NOT!!!:bananalam :bananalam :bananalam Although I could write a book (another) about it all and some of the many many programs and coaches and teams I have faced!

4. TMJ

TMJ Full Access Member

I'm glad West had a great year and they did, but I said all along there were some teams in the SW4A that didn't go to the playoffs because of the conference they were in (probably one of the strongest in NC), that could have and did beat West pretty handily...Enjoy the year and forget S.Caldwell....What goes around , comes around, so they say! They have a strong team! We'll see! Class is something people take for granted!
    I'm guessing things will take care of its self...Enjoy the year you (West) had! Good luck to a strong S.Caldwell team!

5. Village Idiot

Village Idiot cloud of dust

speaking of classless jerks

i remember the time NPC Fanatic hit me in the head with a big ole rotten mater after i dropped my hot dog on his shoe. boy did he lose it, started cussing and calling me out onto the street and telling me about my family history. but i had the last laff when he got up and discovered he had sat down on a fresh wad of Big League Chew.............

now THOSE, were the days!

6. Airman

Airman Full Access Member

To West Meck #8

One last time. South Caldwell's coaches would not trash talk at all. The head coach is a fine christian coach and does not degrade other teams. The players have a great respect for him. 99.9 percent of the players on this team have great sportsmanship. One player should not reflect the team but in some cases it does. He needs to get control of his mouth and gain some maturity. The team will get loud because of the excitement of the playoffs but with respect to the other team. These are the opinions of two people, rocketrowdie and wmeck#8. One player and one fan of opposing teams. Two people. Enough said. Let's play ball and may the best team win and hopefully represent baseball at its best. These kids have always been good sports and will continue to be.

7. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Can you blame him? They were new shoes

8. sumball7

sumball7 Catcher07

College coaches

Well said Braves about college coaches, you never know when someone is watching or reading, mental note made here.

9. WMeckBaseball8

Actually, few West Meck supporters are on this board if you couldn't already tell. Few poeple that even attend West Meck games are on this board. A good Christian coach? I don't want that excuse, being a Christian has nothing to do with trash talk. I've seen plenty of Christians say some pretty bad things. I'm telling you what I was told from fans, and a player, that heard the coach say this. You can fight about it all you want.

When I see players of South Caldwell laughing at our players as their names are being announced while running onto the field, that's not respect.

I'm not talking about this subject anymore, I said what I had to say and I had no reason to lie about it.

10. wossa

wossa Not a ********* any more

good writeup NPC Fanatic.

I hate I wasn't there to watch it. Mullins truly is the real deal. He is not only the MP3A player of the year he should get serious votes for state wide 3A player of the year. He has been perfect from the mound and does it with his bat too. He is also a great defensive pitcher getting to a lot of balls off the mound. Did he pitch the whole game?

in the Greensboro paper they had NWC getting four hits. And I believe it was Jason Wallace that got the RBI double in the 6th inning. Hate I didn't get to see TJ or meet you. And you were right for smacking village idiot with that rotten mater - I'm sure he did several things to deserve it :agreed:

should be a good game with Glenn Friday night - they are always a very tough area team but I can't remember Ragsdale playing them any time recently. Catlin Carter is another very good pitcher Coach Maness has to throw out there for Ragsdale.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.