1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

First Round Results

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Red Bear, May 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 12to6

12to6 Full Access Member

NCISAA

Charlotte Christian 12
    vs.
    Forsyth Country Day 0

Chase Martin and Tyler Kirkpatrick led the way for the knights, each hitting 3 run HR vs. a scrappy forysth squad. alot of hits were recorded for the knights, m. fulginiti went 3-4 and k. fulginiti went 2-4. the knights will play the winner of the wesleyan vs. ravenscroft game on friday at 1pm

CC: 29-7

2. roserampants05

roserampants05 Banned From TBR

nash county teams sucked it up tonight

3. scfan

scfan Full Access Member

4. rocketrowdie

rocketrowdie Junior Member

i definately agree with you. the south caldwell boys have no class. they have the worst attitudes of any team i have seen all year. the players just say whatever they want to to opposing teams, while the coaching staff just sits and listens. it really is a shame

5. NPC Fanatic

NPC Fanatic LakeNormanFan-lost pword

Ragsdale 8 NW Cabarrus 2

Ragsdale 8 NW Cabarrus 2

NW Cabarrus 020 000 0---2
    Ragsdale......100 232 x---8

Trevor Mullins proved tonight why he should be the Mid-Piedmont player of the year. He went (2-4), hit a double and a HR (both on 0-2 pitches) and pitched a whale of game versus the powerful Trojan offense (3 hitter?).

Ragsdale jumped out to a 1-0 lead in the 1st when Mullins drove in Vestal with a double. The only mistake that Mullins and Ragsdale made all night was when Mullins gave up a 2-Run home run to Ryan Wildrick to put NW Cabarrus ahead 2-1. The score stayed that way until the 4th when Ragsdale tied the game on a wild pitch by Robby Gurley and went ahead when a throw to 1st pulled Andrew Lawing off the bag to put the Tigers ahead 3-2.

Lawing then led off the 5th with a single only to be doubled up when Mullins caught a bunt attempt in mid-air. That's when things began to unravel for NW Cabarrus. Mullins greeted Gurley in the 5th with solo shot to center on a 0-2 curve ball that broke over the plate to make it 4-2. 3 NWC errors and a bunt single allowed 2 more runs to come across and break the game open 6-2.

2 more runs were added with 2 outs in the 6th on a double off reliever Ryan Overcash. (I can't remember the Ragsdale player who hit it). Mullins then struck out the side to end it.

Congrats to a great Ragsdale team. Good luck the rest of the way. It should be Ragsdale's other undefeated pitcher, Catlin Carter, going against Glenn Friday night.

WP - Trevor Mullins (12-0)
    LP - Robby Gurley (7-3)

TO THE NW CABARRUS SENIORS: It's a been a great ride......let's make it happen in Legion this year!!!!!! :woohoo:

Last edited: May 16, 2006
  6. roserampants05

final?? tryin to fill out my bracket. lol

7. SoutherNo1

SoutherNo1 Full Access Member

More from the East....

Scotland-5
    Cape Fear-2

New Hanover-11
    Lumberton-0 5 innings

South View over Richmond Co.( 4-2?)

8. roserampants05

SouthernNo1......you getting those off of preps?? lol. i saw them earlier. i am banned right now. lucky for "wannabecoach"......that dumbass talking that crap. haha.

9. WMeckBaseball8

WMeckBaseball8 W. Meck Indian (Not Hawk)

Also, Poovey got warned TWICE about not getting set while pitching (with runners on) and didn't get a balk. Brandon Reeves did it once and got a balk.

The Coach was having his players steal when they were up 9-0, rounding 2nd to go to 3rd on a single hit to the outfield, and after one inning the coach yelled at them (the score was 2-0) and said "yall need to beat these scrubs better than this, I want 20 runs on the board". I mean, baseball trash talk team to team is one thing...but laughing at the home team as they're names are being announced? GIVE ME A BREAK.

10. Coach 27

Coach 27 Full Access Member

SG VS Northern Nash

South Granville defeated Northern Nash tonight in Creedmoor 1-0. Pratt Maynard went five innings giving up a couple of hits. Chris Luck came in and pitched the final two innings and got the win. Brandon Shannonhouse went the distance for Northern Nash and really had a great breaking ball working tonight. He struck out 10 SG batters and gave up only 3 or 4 hits on the night. In the bottom of the 6th and the score at 0-0 Pratt Maynard singled to right field with 1 out. Maynard reached second on a wild pitch. Jeff May then hit a hard shot in the hole at short that was backhanded by the ss who seeing he had no play at first tried to nail Maynard at thirdbase. The throw got away and rolled into the SG dugout for the only run of the night for either team. Both teams played outstanding defense the entire game. Neither team deserved to loose tonight Northern Nash played their hearts out and represented their conference and their school in fine fashion. SG survives to play again on Friday.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.