1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

First Round Results

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Red Bear, May 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. centerfeilder#8

centerfeilder#8 Member

I'm going to keep my mouth shut with regards to the class of the players or coach at South Caldwell. They were nothing but rude towards the West Meck players, screaming hateful things towards warming up pitchers. There's more, but it's just not worth it.

Just to let yall people no out there that think south caldwell is that bad were not we just no what we want and that is a state championship ring((:)wtf23: :wtf23: "yall need to beat these scrubs better than this, I want 20 runs on the board"))))
    our coach never said that. and the trash talk from us is just to get in to ur head we get in ur head and u fall apart if u cant handle it then dont come to the games plain and simple dont come because we acomplished what we wanted to do in the first round but now we got the second round and we are still goin to hollar and scream and stay pumped up so u need to stop putting down our players and especially our coaches because we are a team an we will fight as a team. and the stealing bases the coach didn't tell us to we just knew natrual instinct to go on a pass ball and rounding second on a base hitand gointo third thats just smart base running when u have a runner on first u are not supposed take a knee because then a smart base runner is going because he has mommentum the outfeilder dont so just stop wyning and get over it and dont ever put down our coaches or any of my team mates

2. tigermom

tigermom Full Access Member

Anyone know the score between RS Central vs. South Point? Did I miss it somewhere?

3. centerfeilder#8

centerfeilder#8 Member

Every blind squirrel finds a nut every once and a while :laugh2: :10_6_4:

4. centerfeilder#8

centerfeilder#8 Member

thank you that is the most truest thing i have ever herd and that is right to who cares about what we say and what we do we want a ring:agreed: :229031_ha :229031_ha

5. roserampants05

roserampants05 Banned From TBR

to everyone....i apologize for my other post. you will not see it again. was "slighty" ticked offf last night as i am sure we have all been, but that is no excuse.

sorry to everyone who had to read it.

6. BaseballMan

BaseballMan Full Access Member

New Hanover 11 Lumberton 0

Pirates laid an egg last night giving up 10 first inning runs. Mac Read just didn't have it and got pulled during the first inning. NH sent 15 men to the plate in the first. 3 ro 4 walks, 5 or 6 hits, and three errors spelled the end of the season. Bad way to end it but this team overachieved with 18 wins after losing eight starters from last year.

7. steelballs

steelballs Full Access Member

south

Good job by South! What the South Caldwell players were doing is what we did during my playing days. We would yell some gibberish, which has no meaning. It seems to get under the other teams skin, but there is nothing wrong with it! We would yell and scream, but it wasn't at the opposing team, because the South Caldwell program is a class act program. We have the attitude for being the hungry dog on the porch. If you don’t score runs and the opposing team ends up coming back then you haven’t accomplished anything.

In regards to Justin Poovey playing showcase baseball. I have a person who has contacts with scouts, because of the chosen profession that he works in, who would like to see Justin play Legion baseball rather than showcase. They noted that he will attract more attention and become a better team player. The scouts have told him that in showcase baseball, players tend to get overshadowed by others. Just thought I would add some information to pass along.

8. tigermom

tigermom Full Access Member

Poovey

:woohoo: Justin is listed on the Dirtbag roster for this summer playing showcase ball for Andy Partin's Impact baseball.

9. ebdean

ebdean Full Access Member

South Point 6 RS Central 14

WP - Kyle Matheny

Next - TC Roberson

10. rocketrowdie

rocketrowdie Junior Member

im sorry but some of the things i have heard from the south caldwell players and coaches this year are unacceptable. there are no excuses. there is a difference between getting in the heads of opposing players and just straight up offending them. and its not just playoffs folks. they have been doing it all year. calling them a "class act" program must be a joke. they have a lot of talent, they are a good team, but they have no sportsmanship and bad attitudes, when they win or when they lose.

this is based on my experiences watching south caldwell this year. i wasnt at the west meck game so i dont really know what went on there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.