1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

First Week (#1) results here...

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by The "O", Mar 1, 2005.

1. LakeNormanFan

LakeNormanFan Full Access Member

NW Cabarrus - 1 Robinson - 0

WP - Blake Ketner
    LP - Frankie McAteer

Great game, Robinson came ready to play in this one as McAtee held the Trojans to 1 hit going into the final frame. After Ketner got out of a 1st and 3rd-one out jam in the top of the 7th (nice 1-4-3 double play), Kyle Seager led off with a double that almost left the park. After Seager was thrown out trying to advance on Jerrod Faggart's grounder, Ketner singled to set up Nick Daniel's game winning hit. Faggart slid under a high throw at the plate to seal the win for NW Cabarrus.

Both pitchers finished with 4-hitters.

NW plays @Central Cabarrus Tuesday.

ps - The local paper got the line score wrong on Robinson's 3B Jacob Jernigan, if I remember correctly went 1 for 3 (not 0 for 0) with a nice line drive hit off of Ketner in the 4th inning.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2005
  2. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

What a great game to be able to watch. I wish I had seen it. How did Miclat do?

3. Braves

Congratulations Piedmont!!! But I must say that Tim King is not a secret to the members of TBR. I watched this kid last year and thought he was a Top 5 sophomore in the state. This year's radar is zeroing in on him

4. Dbacks20

Dbacks20 Moderator

Timmy King is a good kid, I coached him from age 10 to 15 with AAU. He will turn a lot of heads this year. He hits the books hard and is a great student also. I hope he does not get over used this year, he threw a lot last year as a Sophmore.

5. watcher

watcher Full Access Member

East and West Montgomery 03-04-05

JV- Another blowout by East 13-3

Varsity- West rebounded from the previous night to win 8-3

6. Braves

I had a strong feeling about this before the game...way to go Greg :woot: I'm telling you, Greg Conrad is the most underrated pitcher in Charlotte

7. Hapi2BMe

Hapi2BMe Full Access Member

Allow me too to congrat Greg. I had the privelidge of coaching him years ago (not that I ever taught him a thing). And to second Braves in a different way - I don't think he is underrated by those of us who know him. He'll just kick your tail when you fail to realize the difference between a "thrower" and a "pitcher." Greg knows the difference, always has. He is a pitcher. And even though very quiet (and level emotionally), he is extremely competitive.
    Again congrats Greg!:ylsuper:

8. WMeckBaseball8

WMeckBaseball8 W. Meck Indian (Not Hawk)

I agree...I've played against Greg and nobody under-rates him at all. Those who know who he is know what they are going up against. He doesn't throw gas, but as a left-handed pitcher you don't even need to throw fast. He hits the ball as good as anybody in Charlotte when he's hot, and he's just a good all around ballplayer. Isn't he a Junior this year? Or is he a senior? I think I've played against him 2 or 3 times, and he's pitched every time, and hit the ball VERY well. I'll admit that when I first saw him pitch I underestimated him as did everybody on my team, but he shut us down. He knows how to control the game, and not many high school pitchers know how to completely control a game. I've heard he's been like that since he was a freshman. Good job and my congrats go out to him.

9. LakeNormanFan

LakeNormanFan Full Access Member

I don't believe Greg had a hit but he was definitely due. That's what made the 7th inning double-play so big as Miclat was on deck. Despite going hitless he made several good defensive plays look easy (as you know, he makes the play and gets rid of the ball pretty quickly).

10. GamecockScout23

GamecockScout23 Member

Just Watching

I attended North Forsyth's second game against Watuaga to watch Jr. Addison Johnson throw off the hump and I tell you, the kid gets better and better every time I see him. I'll be attending Glenn Monday night to watch C.J. Beatty, Kyle Boyan, and the rest of the great Glenn team. Anyone else going to this one? Playing against Parkland but I've heard it'll be a good one.