1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

First Week (#1) results here...

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by The "O", Mar 1, 2005.

1. al_bundy

al_bundy Full Access Member

S. Rowan 8
    Kannapolis 4

The Wonders got outplayed tonight. Jay Hosack started on the hill, and went 2 innings while giving up 3 runs. Eddie Boger pitched well in relief, until a 2-out walk started a 4-run South rally in the 6th to break open a 3-2 game to a 7-2 game.

Hosack had a 2-run double in the first. The Wonders did have the bases loaded in the 7th with the tying run at the plate, but it just didn't happen tonight.

The Wonders caught some fly balls tonight, but kicked it around some on the infield. South had some baserunning miscues early that cost them, as well. Typical early-season stuff. South can swing the bats, and the two lefties they threw tonight were tough.

Great matchup tomorrow night against Charlotte Christian. My money is on a Jared Bard vs. Garrett Sherrill duel, which will be about as good as it gets in terms of pitching matchups!

2. SMARTBASEBALL

SMARTBASEBALL Full Access Member

CHATHAM CENTRAL 3 NORTHWOOD 2

BOTH TEAMS LOOKED VERY SOLID DEFENSIVELY, BUT TIMELY HITS BY CC PROVED TO BE THE DIFFERENCE. FIRST DAY FOR CHATHAM ON THE FIELD, ALL WORK HAS BEEN IN THE CAGES AND GYM, RAIN AND BASKETBALL.

WP- RYAN LAMBERT
    LP- BRANDON OXENDINE
    SV- COLE HUDSON

LAMBERT PITCHED 2 INN 2 K 0 HITS 0 BB
    KIVETT PITCHED 2 INN 1K 0 H 2 BB
    ANDREWS PITCHED 2 INN 2H 2R
    HUDSON PITCHED 1 INN 1 K 2H

HITTERS CC- KIVETT (2) 2B WITH 3 RBI
    NORTHWOOD- WILBURN 1-2
    SB CC- LAMBERT, NALL

CC 1-0
    NW 0-1

3. LakeNormanFan

LakeNormanFan Full Access Member

NW Cabarrus 5 Mt.Pleasant 0

WP - Nick Daniels (6 strong innings, fantastic job!)
    Joe Kent (1 inning)

LP - Jessie Brown

NW hitting:
    Jerrod Faggart (3 for 3, 1 RBI, 2 runs, 2 SB)
    Jake Faggart (2 for 4, double, run scored, nice diving catch in center)
    Kyle Seager (1 for 4, triple, 2 RBI)
    Justin Rodriguez (2 for 3, 1 SB)

next game: Tomorrow vs. Robinson @home, 4:30

4. bubba

bubba Full Access Member

WHS@NF

Watauga 2
    N. Forsyth 6

I know no details.

5. Coach May

Coach May Full Access Member

South Granville 10 11 2
    Roxboro Person 4 01 3

Chris Luck Soph Starting Pitcher Jeff May Freshman Catcher. Luck 5ip 0er 8ks 1 hit. Mike Robbins Jr in relief pitched the 6th and 7th 0 hits 1 run. Moore got the start for Roxboro and was lifted after the 4th. I forgot to write the names and dont have my scorebook with me but Roxboro used two relievers to complete the game. Of course it was cold.

It was the season opener for both teams. South Granville is 1-0 while Person falls to 0-1. South Granville hosts Oxford Webb tomorrow at 5:00. Freshman Pratt Maynard will get his first HS start for the Vikings.

6. DownSouth

DownSouth Full Access Member

Caldwell County is 3-0... but I bet money one will lose tomorrow. Tomorrow South Caldwell plays West Caldwell.

Wednesday: West Caldwell beat North Lincoln 18-0. 5-Inning no hitter by Alex Fairweather and Cody Coffey. In my opinion, the Warrior coaches did a great job not risking the health of a player who had a no-hitter by pulling him at his 60th pitch. Fairweather was dominate but he was pulled in favor of Cody Coffey who finished off the no-no.

Thursday: South Caldwell beat up on Wilkes Central 10-0 in 5. Winner for that one was Junior Matt Gragg. Gragg only allowed 2 hits in his outing.

Also Thursday: Hibriten beat Maiden 10-4 when the game was called for darkness. The win there goes to Zack Laws. Laws didn't give up an earned run and struck out several.

As for tomorrow, it looks like its Madison Bumgarner for the Spartans and Scott Hodges for the Warriors. In years past this game at West is murder for an ERA. I think last years final was 18-17 Warriors.

7. watcher

watcher Full Access Member

East and West Montgomery

In the JV game East Montgomery posted a 13-0 win that was a no hitter!
    Pitching the entire game was Wil Lambert, a fireballing sophmore.Look out for this guy, he's "hot" on the bump.

In the Varsity game it was a bit closer but in the end East Montgomery came out ahead with a final of 6-5. Exciting till the very end of the game.

A good day for the boys from East and a great rivalry continues tommorrow with the rematch, I will post it then as well.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2005
  8. vikes28

vikes28 Hasbeen user

North Forsyth 6 Watauga 2

a well played game

WP Surber (1-0)
    LP Anderson (0-1)

NF- Wes Hobson 3-run Homer

speaking of Homer, Mr. Crafford was in attendance, choosing baseball

over basketball, he made sure those NF pitchers kept that ball low

between the knees and the ankles!!!

Thanks Homer, North's #1 All-Time Fan

These 2 teams play @ North again tomorrow, too much white stuff in Boone

9. JM15

JM15 Moderator

What's all this Western chit-chat? Let's hear somethin from the eastern boys... I know you're out there. :headslap

10. Mudcat

Mudcat gone

North Henderson 4, East Henderson 1
    WP Nick Eddy (1-0), LP Skyler Hill (0-1)
    Jackie Corn was 3/3 for North with 2 doubles. (This kid is one to watch, big solid kid that is good behind the dish)

Hendersonville 11, Brevard 6
    WP Brett Kasiscke (1-0), LP Adam Conley ( 0-1)
    For Hendersonville: Craig Carter was 2/3 with a double and Josh Miller (good catcher) had a home run. For Brevard Pace was 3/4 with 2 doubles.