1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Football season

Discussion in 'American Legion' started by anotherspartanfan, Jul 28, 2007.

1. Carolina Man

Carolina Man Caldwell County Post 29

I agree with everything you said in the post, I mention in my post that the 2005 tournament was in Cherryville ( you must have miss that part). This thread was started by someone asking a question about how coaches handle this situation and I threw in what happen in 2005 and how I felt that a coach of a High School Football team should be proud and supportive of one of his ballplayers playing for a state championship that represent our county or community. As for naming names in here I wish that we wouldn't go that far, you were the one who mention Poarch, I was totally unaware of any problems of this nature going into this tournament until you mention it in your post. Just be supportive of the kids...it doesnt matter if its Baseball, football, basketball, soccer, or whatever...I know what happen in 2005 and so do you...

Carolina Man

2. ORIGINAL WARRIOR

ORIGINAL WARRIOR Junior Member

I would like to comment on how other coaches handle seasons running into one another....Before I even read the Article in the Lenoir News Topic about Gordy Hendrix...and after reading this post...I told someone I know what Coach Buff will do....He will support his player 100%....I then read the article and I quote "We support him as long as (the 29ers) go, West coach Mark Buffamoyer says....That is the way I feel it should be.....Coaches talk about being a part of a team...You can't let your team down...Well in my opinion being a part of a team is finishing what you started....You can't play all summer long with one team and just stop because another one is starting...All coaches no matter what sport should respect and work with each other and not put the stress on the kids....Because after all...That is what it is all about....The Kids....It's not about you, its not about me....It is Totally about the kids...and this is a once in a lifetime chance for most of them...Let them go and enjoy the moment....

3. honest-bulldog

honest-bulldog Junior Member

My son plays for Post 100, reported to College (Football Practice) last Friday, and was greeted by the head coach, "Congrats on a fine baseball season, What are we going to do about the state tournament? My son stated "What ever we can work out." "If its possible I'd love to go". Coach told him to settle in, and they would talk. Coach looked at schedule and stated he could leave Wednesday at 12 and we would go from there. I'm going to pick him up, go to Garner, and return him after the game. Coach Reynolds placed a call and laid the ground work.

I know this isn't the norm, not sure our high school coach would have allowed it, but this Coach and school have been 1st Class in every way.

Son says the only problem hes having, is now leaving, he said climbing the depth chart and practicing all day has been, a challenge hes never experienced.

We'll find out tommorrow, if hes going to get to go, and if so we'll be traveling up and down the road alot, but wouldn't want it any other way.

It was a shot in the dark, but looks like he may get to finish with his team.

Coach Reynolds has been more than a Great Coach, he cares about these guys and will do what ever possible to help them. The College coach is one heck of a guy also. (I'd never dreamed this could have worked out.)

4. EastOfRaleigh

EastOfRaleigh Full Access Member

fb?

does the Cherryville legion team have any high school or college football players?