1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Freedom @ Central Cabarrus- Saturday

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by shakeitoff, Mar 29, 2007.

1. ladiesbballfan

ladiesbballfan Full Access Member

2. ladiesbballfan

3. CFBall

CFBall Senior Member

4. reporter

reporter Full Access Member

5. softballmom35

softballmom35 softball diva

WOW

My dd read this thread, was upset and left me a note to read it. She happens to play varsity for East Burke. I'll start by saying that what is right and what is wrong with our softball program is not for me to say. I have my opinions but it's not me that's busting my arse out there everyday. I listen to my dd when she confides in me about her frustration and disappointments in how the season is going and I give her a mothers advice and support. There are alot of strong opinions posted here. I can understand where most are coming from but whether the problem is the coach, players, parents or all of the above, you need to keep in mind that there are names and faces behind the 0-11 record and they're somebody's children. If you don't think it is hard for these girls to face that record then you have another thing coming to you. Yet they still practice hard and hold their heads high when they take the field for the next game. Yes, we lost players, yes we have lost games but there are those that stick it out and they are what this sport is about. Guts, Pride and Love for the game. I am new to TBR and enjoy reading about a sport that our family loves and puts so much into. Please just keep in mind that no matter how important your opinion may be, there are girls, even East Burke girls, that read TBR and you may in fact be hurting already bruised feelings. Please try to think of them. Thanks

6. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Post of the week!!!!

You may be new to TBR, but I hope that you will keep posting. That was refreshing...and those players that have "stuck it out" says alot about their character.

7. mountainball

mountainball Full Access Member

Amen Braves Amen.

Good luck ladies. Keep up the good fight!! That goes for all the young ladies that are playing this great sport!!!!

8. ladiesbballfan

The NW4A is a great conference. I'm pulling for everybody, top to bottom!:clapclap:

9. cheeze105

cheeze105 Moderator Staff Member

thanks softball mom for telling it like it is. How long is it going to take before these people who post neg. comments about coaches, realize they're upsetting the kids who play for the coach?? give it a rest!

10. Rocky170

Rocky170 Full Access Member

Quality Teams

It was nice to see 2 good ball teams learn from each other yesterday. After Freedom got the jitters out after the first couple of innings I thought they came together pretty good against a great quality team (CC). And yes it is better to schedule non-conf games against such quality teams. It can only benfit your team/program... Good job Coach Fox... WAY TO GO CC I enjoyed watching your girls(very athletic) and WAY TO GO FREEDOM you showed you have the desire to continue to improve represent your school well. Looking forward to the rest of the season.