1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Freedom losing kids to Patton

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by NICKELDEUCE, May 2, 2007.

1. Freedom Sball

Freedom Sball Full Access Member

Teams could play other jv teams, the only hard thing would've been football. Almost every other sport struggles to find enough jv games to play in different sports. It could be done with some work.

On the transfer note, kids are receiving transfers from Freedom to play at Patton, but being denied from Patton to Freedom. Ouch!!

2. fhspatriot

fhspatriot Full Access Member

That is nothing but a bunch of crap.Its seems like they are just trying to screw freedom over.how can u be fair by allowing kids to transfer from freedom to patton and let them play sports but yet a kid wants to stay at freedom their transfer is either denied or they are told they have to sit out a year.Its nothing but a bunch of bull**** and being unfair as it has always been.They need to either let the kids who want to stay at freedom stay and be allowed to play sports if they are gonna let the ones who live in freedom district go to patton.This is doing nothing but punishing the kids who want to stay at freedom cause they have went there for 2 years and have played on successful sports teams and played a good role on the teams and its not right.I also know for a fact that one of the kids who played on that little league all star baseball does not live in patton district and hes being allowed to go to patton.Itaint the fact that freedom is losing kids to patton im complaining about its the fact that the way they are allowing kids to go to patton who live in freedom district and letting them play sports and not letting kids who live in patton district that want to stay at freedom not do so by either denying their transfers or saying they must sit out a year is completly unfair and baised against freedom.Its not doing anything but punishing the students who want to stay at freedom and they do not deserve this treatment.they should either be fair with this policy or dont do it all.

3. bigdan

bigdan Prep Hoops Moderator

I understand how this issue has caused a lot of concern among fans, coaches and parents of the students involved at Freedom and Patton. But again let me say this...I know this is again from an outsiders point of view but you gotta look at it this way...Freedom and Patton kids swapping may be a wash, but if you allow it to happen, then you got kids in Eastern Burke County who will want to get in the mix as well. That is one reason why I think Burke County B.O.E. is taking the stance that they are taking.

Personally I think they should have tabled varsity sports for at least the first year because they need to get the school on solid ground before worrying about athletics. I've seen some of what Patton will have next year and it may get really ugly at times. They should have also use the "Grandfather Clause" on the current folks at Freedom when it comes to athletics.

4. tonync55

tonync55 Full Access Member

Jason that softball player you are referring to that played at East Burke this year went through the proper channels and was legal to play. Besides that I don't believe she would have transferred in the first place if she hadn't been told she wasn't good enough to play at Freedom. This might be a mute issue next year because my sources tell me she may opt to play for Patton. As for school boards bending the rules we know how that goes here in McDowell. Just last year our powers that be passed a rule saying the AD could not be a head coach but then this year they give the AD Brian Franklin the girls head coaching job.And he is still the AD. The powers that be decided that Mike Silver with a record of 650-200 was not the best qualified candidate for the job.I believe that Brian Franklin should have been the next varsaty coach hired to coach in McDowell but only when Silver or Church decided to retire from coaching.. At this time the powers that be are hell bent on building a new high school in McDowell county and getting rid of coach Silver was just part of their big plan for the future. Any way it want be long till baskeball season and I wish coach Franklin and all the lady Titans all the best. I will be there to support them both. Best of luck to all you at Freedom to.