1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

freedoms next football coach

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by fhspatriot, Jun 1, 2006.

freedoms next coach

Poll closed Jun 11, 2006.
  1. Jason Watson

5 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Chris Deal

3 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. MIke propst

3 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. mike helms

4 vote(s)
    26.7%
  5. other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. fhspatriot

fhspatriot Full Access Member

Who should become the next football coach at freedom.I know of 4 people who applied and 3 of them i feel woild be good choices.Let me know others opinions

2. fhspatriot

I went ahead and voted on my choice and heres why.I feel Watson,Deal and Propst would all be good choices.Ive known all 3 of them when they were at freedom.All 3 are good people and great coaches.I Feel cause he knows all the players well and all the players like him and respect him,with no disrespect to deal or Propst.Coach Watson would be the best choice.I will happy any of those 3 listed but I feel watson would be the best choice.

3. patsfansince85

patsfansince85 Yes, really!

Hasn't Watson already gotten the position?

4. fhspatriot

No he was acting Head Coach till a final decision was made.Its supposed to be made sometime this month.It could have been made today,I dont really know.I believe the sooner the better.

5. TGIF

TGIF Full Access Member

WATSON, DEAL, AND PROPST ARE ALL GOOD CHOICES. EACH OF THESE COACHES WOULD DO A GREAT JOB. HELMS IS THE QUESTION MARK. I DON'T THINK HE COULD HANDLE A PROGRAM LIKE FREEDOM. THE OTHER THREE HAVE ALL BE INVOLVED IN BIG PROGRAMS AND CAN HANDLE IT. I DON'T THINK HELMS CAN. I HAVE HEARD HE IS A GOOD COACH, WELL I HAVE HEARD HE TELLS PEOPLE HE IS. I HAVE ALSO HEARD HE IS NOT WELL LIKED. THE OTHER COACHES COULD FIT IN WITH THE FREEDOM COMMUNITY, AND HELMS COULD NOT.

6. fhspatriot

I dont really know much about him.I know alot of players who played for him at east burke didnt like him.Fans didnt either but u know some east burke people dont like who ever the coach is.LIke i said earlier id be happy either watson propst or deal.They all have coached at freedom and watson currently does.and they all are respected and well liked by their players.

7. Wise One

Wise One No Doubt

Hoping Deal Stays Put

Here is a hope that Chris Deal stays in Taylorsville. He has some Freedom ties, being a former assistant and he and Coach Mac are very close. Deal has done a fantastic job at Alexander Central and if he moves on to Morganton it will be a big loss for the Cougars.

8. wildcatpop01

wildcatpop01 Member

I agree with Watson. I believe it would be tough for a new coach to bring in a new system this close to the season.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2006
  9. goodoleburkeco

goodoleburkeco Player Hater

Mike Helms is a good offensive minded coach. EB folks are hard to please as you stated, but I think they expect the glory days to be right around the corner. Face it, there isn't much football talent/athletes in that end of the county and they are doing the best they can every season.

A lot of EB people didn't like Harper as well, not sure why he was a good guy and a good coach. Face it, you are going to have naysayers everywhere.

10. fhspatriot

THats one thing ive realized about high school sports.U cant make everyone happy and everyone is gonna have their opinion.Im sure Freedom has it their fans who think they know it all too,All places do.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2006