1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Future Draughn High School Basketball Fans

Discussion in 'Girls Basketball' started by Wildcat Fan, Jan 31, 2008.

1. Wildcat Fan

Wildcat Fan Full Access Member

Don't know about the JV's record but

Bandy's varsity record the other day was something like 2-11 in conference and 3-18 overall. This is Hodges's first year ever as a JV coach. How would he think he's ready to be the varsity coach at Draughn? His beef should be with Coach Robbie Bliss, not the principal, Mrs. Lowman. Coach Bliss never made him the JV coach, he had Chip Lewis as his JV coach. You just can't go from assistant coach to varsity coach without putting some time in as a JV coach! And one year is not putting time in. Draughn might be in for some rough early years with everything the school board is doing!

2. The Warden

The Warden Full Access Member

I thought it was a shame that the Burleson Co., I mean Burke Co. School Board didnt let the potential students of both Draughn and Patton decide on the name, mascot, and color schemes of their schools. I mean after all, they are the students and should make the best of out of their experiences there. Seriously, does any of the students know who Robert Patton and Jimmy Draughn actually are?

Last edited: Feb 5, 2008
  3. Wildcat Fan

Wildcat Fan Full Access Member

I agaree but

I think both communities are well past that. Right now, Draughn is getting shafted by the principal appointment. Two great choices were rejected by our closed minded BOE and someone who wasn't even a top candidate was picked. Mr. Burleson has his hands tied, the majority of the BOE hates him and will reject anything he recommends.

4. datadiva

datadiva Junior Member

Student input

Although student input did not directly impact the naming of either school, the school colors and mascots were voted on by the students who would be attending those schools.

5. web651

web651 Junior Member

New School Names

The names given the new schools, mainly Draughn, was one of the big gripes the voters who got rid of the old board had---Wilkerson would have been voted out too--he was one of the main ones not willing to listen to the kids about a decent name for a school (Jimmy Draughn was an old bud)--I for one wanted a school board that would listen to the people--I am not sure how long the battle between school board and Superintendent will last--maybe they can call it even now and get some work done--Kenney will be a a good principal, give him a chance--