1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Gameface Mask and College?

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by BSHS13, Mar 12, 2008.

1. BSHS13

BSHS13 Junior Member

My DD wears a gameface. She took a line drive to her face a few weeks ago, broke some teeth, loosened others (she's a pitcher). Right now she has no choice - if she wants to play she has to wear the mask, as even a small tip of the ball to her mouth may cause her to lose the damaged teeth. My hope is that she continues to wear the mask, right through college!!

My question is - can anyone provide me with feedback on how college coaches view a player who wears a mask. The reason I ask is because she just got off the phone with a college coach, she was setting up a weekend for an unofficial. While talking about her injury, he asked her if she planned on wearing the mask through summer ball this season. She may have took it the wrong way, but she said that she felt like he was thinking/hoping she was going to say no (she said yes).

Do you think it makes a difference to a college coach?

2. cheeze105

cheeze105 Moderator Staff Member

welcome BSHS13 to this board rocks softball forum, we have quite a few college coaches who frequent this board, perhaps one or more will give you their views on this...good luck with you dd.