1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Games with USA Jr. Nationals

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Gman13'sdad, Aug 10, 2007.

1. Gman13'sdad

Gman13'sdad Full Access Member

I see where the Dirtbags are playing them on Sunday the 12th instead of today, the 10th. Are they still playing a doubleheader with another team on Sunday?
    I don't blame them for not playing today. There wouldn't be anything left but puddles on the field!

2. 4-6-3-DP

4-6-3-DP Full Access Member

Yes, there will be a game at 1:00 as well. Also, it should be noted that Hal Bagwell was named assistant coach to the USA Youth National squad. Congratulations on a great honor!

3. Dawgswood

Dawgswood Full Access Member

Richie Shaffer Makes USA Baseball Team!

Richie Shaffer who plays for Providence HS and the South Charlotte Panthers 2009 team has made the 18 man squad that will travel to Venezuela at the end of this week. What an amazing accomplishment and opportunity to represent your country! Congratulations Richie!!!

4. OldAngelsCoach

OldAngelsCoach Full Access Member

I am an old fan of Mat Batts. How did he fair at the tryout? I have my fingers crossed for him. He is a super kid with a super family.

5. Dawgswood

Dawgswood Full Access Member

Sounds like Mat came close, but just missed out. He's had a wonderful season and I'm sure the recruiters will be knocking his door down this Fall.

6. 4-6-3-DP

Due to a couple of guys bailing on me at the last minute, I need a couple more guys to take to Cary in the morning. If interested, call me tonight up until 1:00 or in the morning after 8:00.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2007
  7. Warrior_BBall

Warrior_BBall Baseball_Enthusiast

Pick Up Player

Coach,

Thanks for letting me play with you guys today. I had a wonderful time. If you ever need another player please call me(Cory) at 919-612-4087 or 919-467-8817.

Thanks!

8. 4-6-3-DP

I would like to thank everyone who took part in this game today. Team USA took the win 5-1, but I could not have been more impressed with a group of guys thrown together the way this one was. Had it not been for the help of some on this board, this game wouldn't have taken place, so once again, thank you!

I am terrible with names or I would try to mention all of the guys who took part, but I would end up leaving someone out. We took three 07's, two 08's and the rest 09's. Take away a couple of fly balls that dropped in and a couple of baserunning mistakes and these guys had a chance to win this game. With all of our players coming from Charlotte and the Raleigh area, I thought it spoke volumes of how far baseball has come in North Carolina. This was my first time coaching high school guys in over 3 years and I had a blast, so thanks for a good day at the park!

9. catcher10

catcher10 Full Access Member

4-6-3-DP

Coach,
    My son also wanted to thank you for allowing him to play with your team today. He hasn't gotten to play RF much since HS and really enjoyed himself. Should you ever have a need in the future, please let him know.

I wish the boys could have gotten to take BP and defensive warmups on that beautiful field. What a ball park!

Thanks again
    C10

10. Gman13'sdad

Gman13'sdad Full Access Member

Thanks for the opportunity

Thanks Coach Shoe for giving Grier a chance to play in that wonderful facility with, like you said, a group of quality ball players. This was a great way to end one phase of his baseball life before he begins the next in a couple of weeks.
    The younger guys showed well and the Copperheads will be fun to watch over the next couple of years. For the '07's their talent showed why they will be playing beyond high school.
    I'd also like to add how impressed I was with the USA team. There are definantly some kids on that team that will become well known in the not so distant future. If any of you TBR's get a chance to see them play, do it. They are a solid team and should represent us well.