1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Games with USA Jr. Nationals

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Gman13'sdad, Aug 10, 2007.

1. doctorbuzzy

doctorbuzzy Full Access Member

Thanks and Great Job!

Coach did a great job with the guys! He's being very humble. He had about 10 players against 18 of the best rising juniors in the country. They faced a fresh arm each inning and basically played two teams as Team USA substituted freely after the third inning to ensure all their players got some game experience (and Coach didn't have the opportunity to do so). Though facing all that talent, coach made sure the NC boys did well. The game was 2-1 through about four innings; Team USA scored here and there, so the NC boys didn't give up a big inning; only gave up a run here and there.

It was a great experience for the boys that played. Not only did they get to play the best players in the country, they got to play in a world class facility. A great day of baseball in Cary (which should be complimented for bringing USA baseball to NC with a commitment of the facility). Thanks for the experience! We truly enjoyed it.

2. heels0710

heels0710 Full Access Member

Dirtbags

The Dirtbags did play the Junior Nationals on Sunday and put on a good show. Greg Holt led off the 2nd with a triple and was driven in by Jason Wallace to tie the game at 1. Patrick Johnson pitched the 1st two and looked good giving up a walk and a couple hits. Dirtbags then got another run and led 2-1 after 3. Trent Rothlin came in a shutdown the JR bats.In the 5th, a hit by Seth Simmons, a walk to Chad Rothlin , and a 440 foot homreun by CJ Beaaty, the Bags led 5-1. I am not kidding about the length. It went over the fence, over the newly planted trees, over a second fence, and onto the hill in right center. Things went downhill after that for the Bags. The JR nationals scored 4 in the 6th and 3 in the 7th to defeat the Dirtbags 8-5. Holt ended with 2 hits, Beaty two hits, Wallace one and Simmons with one. Nationals had a good team and played alot of players with some good but not overpowering pitching. They should do well in Venzuela. This will be the final Dirtbag game for many players so thanks to Andy Partin and the Dirtbag staff. All had a great time and did some wonderful things in the past 2 years. Good luck in college and I will be talking about the 2010 Dirtbags. ( talk about a good team WOW). See you soon.

3. tigermom

tigermom Full Access Member

Dirtbags....

Heels - you write as if CJ's bomb has landed. I don't think it has yet! It sure was a beauty huh?

Yesterday was especially sad for the 07's (even though we only had 6 of em there). It was their last game together and it was hard to leave the park knowing things will never be the same again. It has been a great experience for our entire family to be a part of the Dirtbags family. My 2 sons will probably never have the chance to play on the same team ever again either, so that was a sad realization as well.

Also, I saw something that I have never personally witnessed before - a triple play. I have to proudly say it was turned by Trent and Chad....

4. Eighter

Eighter Full Access Member

Shaffer

How did the Providence kid do in the two games mentioned? Where does he play on this team and where does he hit in the lineup? Wish him the best on the tremendous honor.

5. doctorbuzzy

doctorbuzzy Full Access Member

Info about the Games

You can go to this site for the box scores etc. http://mlb.mlb.com/usa_baseball/article.jsp?story=ynt_trials_schedule
    The Shaffer kid from Providence High School is batting in the middle of the line up and was the starting pitcher against the Dirtbags. So he's starting, which is a big deal given the talent on that team.