1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Glove Color

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by erms, Apr 13, 2009.

1. swingaway

swingaway Full Access Member

College

Those gloves appear to be the same gloves - or at least the same color - as those used by University of Tennessee. At UT, the pitchers use a black glove while the rest of the team uses the orange and white gloves.

2. joesimtre

joesimtre Full Access Member

hillarious

Last edited: Apr 14, 2009
  3. erms

erms Full Access Member

Keen observations.....very perceptive.
    And I assume you feel, as I do, all of this is frivalous and should be ignored unless it provides an advantage.
    So....this being said why am I sitting with a new glove my daughter can't use.

4. Stanlysoftball

Stanlysoftball Full Access Member

new glove

You spoke correctly...... player or team gains an advantage "outside" the rules.

If my DD were to hit HR's over 300' someone will complain and the fence will be moved to 300' and the softballs will become sponges. Look what Tiger Woods did to golf. Courses are longer and now tougher only because he worked harder and made the game easier for himself to compete.

I don't see in the picture above where this girl or team is gaining an advantage. Even with the inside of her glove being a white or very light color, the ball is yellow. I looked on www.softball.com web site and there are gloves that are very light colored white/offwhite by LS, mizuno, worth and nothing is said that they cannot be used by pitchers. Will the sports store exchange the glove? If you can prove that the glove is a violation of a rule for pitchers and the store understands what you are trying to tell them.

If a team can find a way to hit the ball every time up and make no errors or throw strikes all the time and NOT take advantage outside the rules of the game. But use the rules to their advantage. GO FOR IT. Other teams will follow suit. Pitchers throwing more strikes. More players hitting the ball. Instead of 2-1 ball games, 12-10 or 16-14 games will be seen and maybe some more HR's.

5. softballphreak

softballphreak Full Access Member

At least we haven't seen any gloves with the flashing lights like the little kids have in their shoes. Now that would be a real distraction!

I guess the defense could protest the shiny aluminum bats or the yellow-colored bats being a distraction.

On the serious side, most of the rules make sense once you put a little thought to it. I'm hopeful they are given a lot of thought by the people who make them--or change them.

6. luci02

luci02 Junior Member

:rolleyes2: YOU PEOPLE NEED A LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!

7. erms

erms Full Access Member

This judgement is based on.......

8. RobMill

RobMill Full Access Member

I agree

I agree that there is no advantage with the ND's pitchers glove. Just an observation as we have had a pitchers gloves determined illegal by HS umpires last year.

9. Gatorback

Gatorback Full Access Member

erms this is were she hides her tar and vaseline. Oh and the sandpaper as well. Gaylord Perry would have loved one of those back in the day

10. marlinfan1

marlinfan1 Full Access Member

1. I've seen pitchers who have knee pads that were the bright yellow gig that also has ball stitches printed on them. The pitchers were told to remove them.

2. Hey Cheeze, you're the best brother. You posted about kids having plays written on their wrist bands.
    No BS, there was a kid who was VERY good playing for the SC Flames who had an arm band probably 7-8 inches long, and on it was loaded with info on batters, etc. Also listed on that band was her "code" for what pitch she was gonna throw. She'd shout to the catcher "R3. or G6" e.g.
    Anyway, as dominating as she was, .....and she was!, one of my kids would reply some off the wall "code", everytime she faced that pitcher.
    It was meant to be HR, but it resulted in K.

Fishman