1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Goat Pastures or Softball Fields?

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by betterbatter, Mar 15, 2007.

1. CFBall

CFBall Senior Member

alot of situations out there, definitely.........

great points

2. EastOfRaleigh

EastOfRaleigh Full Access Member

softball club??

does anyone have a softball-only booster club? I know some HS's have parent / support groups for individual sports like baseball or football.

3. cheeze105

cheeze105 Moderator Staff Member

not at our school

the 14 or so members of our booster club have all the sports covered, each pulling for more money for their kids sport. . . . gets confusing some times, but we're happy for the members we have.

4. NOGA87

NOGA87 Full Access Member

I don't know, never heard of it, but wouldn't doubt certain ones have enough support...I do know it sure helps to have an influential parent on the booster club. Finally have had one for a couple years now and it's helped Tremendously. The booster club has help more in the past 1 1/2 years than it did in the previous 6. AD's can block things from being done if he/she wants to. But if the booster club decides it wants this or that done, it gets done, or is allowed to get done.

5. Softball Guru

Softball Guru Banned From TBR

BUT !!!!

Show me in writing where a group of parents paid for a football or baseball field,and I'll leave the board...who said anything about the coaches either,its the booster club that decides where or how the money is allocated.....and by the way not everybody has money,that's what our taxes are suppose to be doing...GO FIGURE !!!!...but anyway it's a shame that gender determines what is nice or what is poorly designed for a group of innocent kids !!!!

GURU

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2007
  6. CatchersDad

CatchersDad Senior Member

Money!!!!!!!!!!!

Although Softball is gaining followers, the other programs like football etc., generate the revenue and have the higher expense. Follow the money!
    As for me, I'm realy glad softball season is here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Softball Guru

Softball Guru Banned From TBR

Agreed..................BUT the thread was about,and noticed I said was about why are girls facilities so ragged ???? Then somebody got on the bandwagon about softball player parents are the laziest people----OKAY---what does that have to do with tax payer money giving boys better facilities than girls????------------------HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM ??????--- then we're are off blaming the coaches...where did that come from ?????? May I get a straight answer please???? Could it possibly be that girls are looked upon as the lesser gender when it comes to sports???:help:

8. bothsportsdad

bothsportsdad Full Access Member

it is all about the money thats right... Women's sports do not generate the money men's sports do... thats why we have TITLE 9!!!!!!!!!! I am not going to say the magic words again.

9. NOGA87

NOGA87 Full Access Member

That is true, nobody can doubt that football is USUALLY the biggest money bag for schools. If I'm not mistaken that money goes in to the "Athletic fund", not the football fund. It's SUPPOSED to be distributed evenly, of course percentage wise, in what it costs to run a particular athletic program. The dollar amount appropriated will never be the equal, nor should it. BUT, there have been years that the softball games generated more money than baseball. The AD thought someone was just blowing smoke up his your know what until he checked the books and said, "oh"...Then comes up with other excuses. Talk about excuses, and no money this no money that, for new uniforms, equipment or whatever. But the baseball team gets new uniforms for the 7th straight year. There is a double standard, I'm sure not at all, but at many schools.

Man, who got me started, I try to NEVER get going like this...lol

10. Dawgfan

Dawgfan Full Access Member

our field

The softball field at Butler has just been redesigned. We have 203 ft fences now, theywere 235. Our backstop is Brick and netting, new concrete pad for the bleachers new field fencing and a new PA system. a new clay turface infield laser graded with outfield and infield sprinklers. Now here is how it was done.
    18 months ago the idea was hatched. cost estimates were gathered and it was way too expensive to contract out all the work. The softball parents and Booster club had a meeting and everyone worked together. We got money from our booster club, the parents beat the local bushes for support, parents, grand parents and others donated much time and money, players and coaches held fundraisers. Even a local summer team kicked in.
    One parent enlisted the support of a masonary contractor that donated supplies and Labor to do the backstop and concrete, a plumer donated the drainage system, a local steel company donated the steel poles to hold the backstop net. Even the AD purchased the PA system. Except for the fencing, infield and sprinkler work. all labor was provided by Parents and coaches. So yes our field looks great. But it didnt hapen overnight or by complaining it happened the old fasion way work, time and effort by more people then I can beleive. My thanks and appreciation goes out to all.