1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Has CC or ACHS announced their new coaches??

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by homerun, Jul 14, 2003.

1. homerun

homerun Full Access Member

Has either team make any announcements and if not who is being considered??

2. Softballn08

Softballn08 Member

From my understanding the new Central Cabarrus coach will be Monty Sherill

3. acfan

acfan Full Access Member

Mickey Bolick has been named head coach for AC. He is gunshot ready and the girls are real excited! If you have written AC off and shut the door look out baby for 2004!!!! Good luck girls and coaches as you work your way to the top.

4. TheJoker

TheJoker Junior Member

Party at Mick's house. If the past is any indication, Bud's for everyone including the players. Is dating off limits for coaches at AC after the old basketball coach got caught, better put that one in the contract. This one is a joke! ON the Adminstration at Alexander. Another off campus hire with no boundaries on conduct.

5. achs_softball_2003

achs_softball_2003 Junior Member

Ok, Joker....I know that the things you have said are not 100% true! I am a former player at AC and I have played for Micky on a traveling team over the summer on more than one occasion! He is an awesome coach and knows his softball! I realize that AC made a mistake in getting rid of Sherrill and yes I agree, but that is in the past and there is nothing anyone can do to change that, now the school has to look toward the future and get another coach who will be an asset to the team and Micky will be nothing less than that! The team will be GREATLY improved from last year just b/c the last year there was a lack of knowing fast pitch by the coaching and one thing is for sure Micky knows it considering he plays himself and is an awesome pitcher at that! I wish the AC Softball team nothing but the best in the 2004 season...I just wish it were my senior year again and things could be different for me..but I know the team will do great this year with Emily improving on her pitching everyday, and all of the others improving also! I will be there supporting you guys!

Next...about the whole messing with players or however you referred to it...that is not true at all and it really hits home...because it just so happens that the player who this supposedly happenend with is my step-sister, so therefore I know for a fact that nothing of the such ever happened and Micky never talked to ANY of the players in that way.....they were players as well as friends to him and that was the extent of it! The administration of AC checked into the situation before they hired him and they know it didn't happen, so my advice to you is that until you know the 100% truth, I don't think that you should come behind some name on here and bash Micky at all!

Good Luck AC and I wish you nothing but the best in 2004 and I am sure that you guys will do good with Micky and the rest of the coaching staff this coming season!

Lackey #23

6. acfan

acfan Full Access Member

Good to hear from you AC2003 !! Heard you have some great career plans ahead of you. When you get done I want to taste some of your accomplishments. Look forward to seeing you next spring. As for the any of the negative posts you are seeing and will see some people will always be stuck in the past. There is more than one fastpitch coach out there just look at all of the teams that have been winning it all. That proves there is more than one coach and AC will have to get fired up and keep up the winning tradition. I am sure Mickey knows that he will feel the heat until he proves what he can do and shut up the naysayers.
    GO AC!!

7. GATOR

GATOR Member

JOKER, I HEAR YOU!! THANK YOU FOR KEEPING US UP TO SPEED ON THIS NEW HIRE AND THE ACHS ADMIN. HOW IS THE NEW AD WORKING OUT AT ACHS....DOES ANYONE KNOW!! I WOULD HATE TO FOLLOW A LEGEND LIKE PRICE!!! 2-9/ 2-9

8. HSFAN

HSFAN Full Access Member

WELL IT IS OFFICAL SHERRILL IS THE NEW COACH AT CC. THIS SHOULD BE A GREAT COMBO WITH DEDICATED PLAYERS AND COACH. :) ALL SMILES