1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Heat Showcase tryout for the 2011 season

Discussion in 'Showcase Baseball' started by Tigers25, Oct 13, 2010.

1. Tigers25

Tigers25 Junior Member

Heat Showcase is having a tryout on Novemeber 13.
    For all 2012, 2013, 2014 players
    Location is Wilkesboro NC from 1pm to 5pm
    Pro Style workout

Please go to www.heatshowcasebaseball.com to fill out the player profile.
    Cost: Free for a tryout

Coaches to attend:
    Jason Harris
    Pete Hardee
    Joe Sutton
    Andy Fox
    Jimmy Bowman
    Brian Lackey

2. clayderman.r

clayderman.r Junior Member

Don't get burned here!!!

Be careful considering this organization. It has become more about the money than the players. Ask around and know what you are getting into before you commit here.

I have seen too many players be burned this past year.

3. Shutout18

Shutout18 Full Access Member

Burned?

One what do you mean burned? and two from what I hear this team is pretty solid. I do know when I looked them up they won their pool in Flordia a couple weeks ago. And from what people have told me they play hard and the right way. Just asking you can send it by private message if you want.

4. newcoach42

newcoach42 Full Access Member

If your saying that Heat is all about the money, then take a look at the prices for other showcases. We are one of the cheapest teams and to shutout we did win our pool in FL. This is my 3rd year with the Heat and we ar e always putting competitive teams on the field. I hate that you would make a comment like this and I would be glad to talk to you as would our owner, but I have been on the inside and I know how it is ran and like I said we are always competitive on the field and one of the cheaper teams in showcase. So it cant be all about the money can it?

5. bothsportsdad

bothsportsdad Full Access Member

a solid organization that communicates with parents and is all about helping young men play at the next level at a cost that is among the most competitive in our region to play high level showcase. Good people at the top and in the dugout.

I have been involved in high level travel ball for 8 years and have been through the recruiting process before. I have seen the Good, the Bad and the Ugly. The Heat is one of the Good ones.

6. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

This one surprises me, but then again, nothing should surprise me about showcase baseball. There is not an organization out there that doesn't have a disgruntled parent or two due to playing time, communication or in some cases an organization not inviting someone back because of talent or "baggage."

Why it surprises me is that talking to some of the players/parents that have experienced playing for the Heat, they have always said how much they enjoyed it ...and Jason Harris. Jason is one of the "good guys" in showcase. He's a very bright baseball coach and you won't find many more easygoing. His teams are always talented and competitive and play baseball they way it should be played. He provides an opportunity for players in an area that needs a quality program that is respected in the showcase circuit.

And I've noticed that Jason has added a number of coaches to his staff, including one of my favorites, Pete Hardee. If you can't learn baseball from Pete Hardee, you should consider playing another sport.

In my opinion, the Heat organization is one of the best in our state and would have been excited if my son played for them.

7. 29er

29er Member

Heat Baseball

I just finished my first year with the Heat organization and I enjoyed every second of it! Jason Harris is running a top notch organization. The players are a bunch of blue collar workers that play hard and work hard. The parents are awesome and appreciate everything you do for thier kids. The competition in our tourneys is good with alot of scouts in attendance. I'm looking forward to a great summer.