1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Heels Lay an Egg

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by BaseballMan, Jun 18, 2008.

1. TheOriole

TheOriole Full Access Member

Bravo,
    don t even know or need to know who the other 4-5 are... They are proven winners and have the ability based on being signed AND what scouts see etc etc... so wild card gives them the "opportunity" to do something special this is what the special is about championship teams and so called chemistry... Fresno has SEEn all the suff UNC's foour or five they have used etc... not only first hand but from the seats as well as on film..I mean heck why not? that s why they calll the coach the "hook"... short leash get as many "outs" as they can colllectively if need be!!! Hopefully the kids have been taughgt welll in that pitching is allllll about getting OUTS!...:bike::bike::bike::bike::bike::bike::bike::bike::bike::bike::bike::bike::bike::bike::bike:

2. Coach 27

Coach 27 Full Access Member

My plan

would be run out the best available guy today and then the next best etc etc and get to the championship series. On Monday that is where I would go with the Orioles plan. I would throw staff with the guys that have not thrown at all yet. I would start Trice and have two guys in the pen ready to go at anytime. I would throw the kitchen sink of fresh arms at them and give them a different look each time through the order. If you lose so what you reset your top arms and you are ready to make a run. And if you win that game you are in even better shape to state the obvious. When your in a situation where you HAVE to win you go with the best available imo. On Monday they don't have to win.

This is one reason I thought the decision to bring Miller last night was a bone head move on Fresno's part. Now they are going to have to bring him back at some point and time tonight on no days rest. They played the game last night like they had to win it. Fresno has been successful in these two games against UNC bats imo because UNC has been impatient at the plate. They have swung themselves out of big innings. And they have smoked several right at Fresno. If they can be a little more patient tonight I think they can blow them out. If the bats can carry them tonight and save some guys from having to throw I like UNC's chances in the championship series.

3. 007

007 Full Access Member

Sounds like Fresno is going with the Oriole's plan.
    Their wild card is Clayton Allison insted of Justin Miller.

4. Coach 27

Allison

was supposed to be the guy to open up against Rice. He is their best guy. But he has a sore shoulder and has not been able to pitch. They have put him in the pen each day but he has complained about his shoulder being too sore to pitch so he has not been used. I guess they are going to run him out there and see what they can get out of him.

Look for Miller to come in behind Allison.

5. EastOfRaleigh

EastOfRaleigh Full Access Member

Georgia's bats are waiting

No matter if it's UNC or Fresno, have you guys paid attention to Georgia's hitting? Those guys are impressive with the metal.

Rake.

Should be interesting.

6. Coach 27

Yes

they can hit. But so could LSU. Great pitching will always have the advantage over great hitting. I don't think Fresno has a prayer to beat UGA. But I think UNC will if they can get by Fresno. Its tough to beat a team that is on a roll like Fresno. No one gave them a chance over ASU. But maybe the bubble has burst now that they finally took an L. We will certainly see tonight.

Fresno's pitching has given UNC fits. They throw alot of off speed stuff and they are very erractic around the zone. If UNC could lay off some of the bad pitches and work more hitters counts then they will score alot. But they continue to roll over pitches up in the count. More plate discipline and a better approach and they will blow them out. Quite simply they have pressed at the plate.

7. EastOfRaleigh

LSU vs. Ga.

I know that LSU had reputation as a great hitting team (I think they call it Gorillla ball??) and I didn't look up the stats to compare, but a few of LSU's batters just did not impress me. Big looping swings and basically if it's on a certain level yes they hit but a couple of them seemed not to make good adjustments to certain pitches.

Oh well, no need to discuss LSU now but that Ga. team just impresses at the bat throughout the lineup.

And one other thing, I'm an ABC'er as well, but I will admit one thing.........................Dustin Ackley can hit it; that guy adjusts to every pitcher they put out there .

Last edited: Jun 22, 2008
  8. 007

007 Full Access Member

I realize that tonight's game is a must win, but, if we can agree that Georgia is better than Fresno and they already roughed up Warren, why not save him for Georgia ?
    I like the idea of Warren & Harvey starting the first two vs Ga with White closing.
    I'd start Trice tonight.

9. EastOfRaleigh

Pack

Only comment I have on Adam Warren is he was supposed to be a Wolfpack guy......................heck, his dad was a punter on the State football team!!

10. Coach 27

Reports

are Warren will get the start tonight. Also White and Harvey will not be available. I agree with you that UGA is the better team. I have to assume they believe Warren is the best option on the hill to start the game. He is a Jr and he has alot of experience. And as you well know just because a team got to you the last time does not mean they will the next time. You can bet there will be a short leash tonight for both teams. I would expect Bates to be ready at the first sign of trouble. I just hope that the Heels bats are hot and they come out putting some runs on the board. And of course I hope Adam has a great performance.

If UNC can keep that pesky Muno kid off the base paths that would go a long way to getting a win. Man that kid is one tough out. The same could be said for Fresno finding a way to keep Ack off the bases. But I dont think I have ever seen a better college hitter in my life. He is simply unreal.