1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

help with batting

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by george449, Apr 19, 2010.

1. george449

george449 Junior Member

My daughter plays is 14 and plays on a 16U travel team. She is in desperate need of a hitting instructor. She has always been a power hitter(usually clean-up) and has landed herself in a huge batting slump. She is dropping her shoulder terribly and lunging at the ball. I don't know how to get her out of this. Does anyone know any good hitting instructors near Greensboro or Burlington NC? Please help!!

2. softballphreak

softballphreak Full Access Member

My first thought is what about the hitting instructor/coach on the TB team?

I realize private lessons, many times, are more beneficial but I also know that even during those lessons team coaches will be attempting to teach also. If all instructors/coaches are on the same page, great. If not--problems.

Do you have any video you could post?

There are quite a few very good instructors at Grand Slam (919-233-7522) in Raleigh. They are worth the drive; some kids drive farther.

3. #7's Dad

#7's Dad Member

4. marlinfan1

marlinfan1 Full Access Member

PM ChaChaCha on TBR. He's from that area and knows who would be of local help.

Don't jump off the bridge or drink the koolaid yet pops, your DD will be fine.

Good luck,

Fish