1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Helping Parents With College Plans?

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by What A Game, Feb 19, 2010.

1. cheeze105

cheeze105 Moderator Staff Member

damn, i love this forum :banana:

2. What A Game

What A Game Junior Member

Well gentleman or ladies it has ben fun. If you look at the original post you will see that many posting were not posted to the subject matter. I did ask for opinions and got them which is great. On the same note, some of them seem to come with much sarcasm which is fine also.

I will say that If any person making a post has given as much to our young people without expecting anything back in the last 26 years as I have, then , well, you are a great person. I do commend you and have great respect for that.

I have helped many students and their families through many things and will also continue to do so. I do this at every travel ball tournament I attend and will continue to do so. Also every day I go to work as a teacher at Laney High School in Wilmington, NC.

Thanks for all that you folks do for our young people. I certainly hope that it is always in their best interest.

God Bless
    Alan Sewell,

3. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

The post(s) that you alluded to as being sarcastic wasn't directed towards you, personally, but to the people that have entered the "business" of softball for less than altruistic reasons. Their reasons are not to help the softball community, but to help themselves monetarily. Many people find the premise of "pay to play" to be upsetting and find the business of softball taking away the spirit of playing games.

I believe I posted that I didn't clearly understand what you were offering, but I believe if someone is providing a service that is needed, then it's appropriate to be compensated for their work. The demand of the service will dictate its worth.

I found your thread to be interesting and I apologized for taking it into a different direction. As I said before, I wish you success because if it helps only one family, it is worth it.

4. Softball Guru

Softball Guru Banned From TBR

You Forgot Me !!

& The Guru Of Course !!!

5. Softball Guru

C'Mon Alan !!

You are too sensitive we all pick on here,and it's hard to tell when somebody is picking or not...Next time you see my Niece Amanda Busch, tell her Uncle Brian said hello, and try to keep Jim Fisk in check, but one thing we will never know who has given the most of their time to help kids. I drive a hundred miles one way to coach a 12U team, and right now I'm working with the Union County REC Program trying to help some of these kids that can't even hardly throw or swing a bat to get their fundamentals where they need to be. Most of these guys on here are board and try to be funny. If I wasn't on house arrest I would cut up even more. I believe most of the threaders are good people, and want to see the kids be successful, but you need to lighten up and don't let one or two comments get your panties in a wad. I think it is great idea if you can reduce the fees to help kids,and parents, because unless your kid gets a good scholarship college is very expensive, I already put two through school, I do know that much !!

Guru

6. Softball Guru

Yea

But not everybody makes 6 figures like you do---LOL

:REGamblMoney01HL2:BRAVES :rotflmao: GURU

7. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

hahahaha...Guru is back!!!!!!

8. marlinfan1

marlinfan1 Full Access Member

Props to good folks who give their time in the best interest of the kids.

Fishman

9. What A Game

What A Game Junior Member

Thanks again for the comments. I can take it, that is not a problem. Helping young people has and will be a lifetime work for me. By the way, I don't wear panties. I like the silk padagonia briefs, they are much more comfortable. LOL. Have a great week gentlemen, I am off to volunteer for 3days at the NCHSAA Wrestling Tourney. I appreciate all of you and what you do for these girls. If you get a chance go to the Wilmington Star News web page and search for Title IX articles. You will enjoy reading what is going on in New Hanover County. I have truely enjoyed learning the game of Fastpitch with my daughter. WHAT A GAME!!

10. JavelinCatcher

JavelinCatcher Full Access Member

Just wanted to add my two cents here...

For those of you who have not had the pleasure of meeting Alan, he is truely a class act that will do anything and everything to help anyone at anytime. I am fortunate enough to have my DD on the same TB team as Alan's DD so know first hand how hard he works to get everyone, not only on our team, seen by colleges, engaged with the coaches, and educated on the rules, processes, etc. He is always at our organizations camps, tryouts, and tournaments talking to the girls and holding education sessions to help the new folks find their way.

An example of his unselfishness is his DD has already signed to play in college but he hasn't missed a beat. He is still and will continue going to the tournaments (he did this even when his own DD ws hurt and unable to play) pushing our DDs to do everything needed to realize their dream.

If we wasn't already helping my DD, I would get out the checkbook in a heartbeat!

By the way, Alan is also one of the funniest people I have ever met in my life! He keeps all of the girls loose and makes sure they have fun (even at his own expense most of the time) which as we all know is often overlooked.