1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Here we go again... Illegal Players

Discussion in 'American Legion' started by DownSouth, Jul 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RaleighDevil

RaleighDevil Banned From TBR

I just talked to our coach. He got an email from the father asking for a release. He believes, but is not sure, that the player is home-schooled. The family is going to spend the summer in the Morehead area.

This situation may not be analagous to other certain situations I won't rehash. Our coach has never heard of this player, and he would know if he were someone you would see as an impact player.

Let's have someone provide the player's stats for this season. Was he a star? Did he even play much? What evidence is there to suggest he was recruited? Let's attempt to get answers to these questions before we get bent out of shape.

2. Village Idiot

Village Idiot cloud of dust

Zeb Link, not Wade

3. JM15

JM15 Moderator

Talked with someone earlier tonight who informed me that there should be no problems with this situation and Morehead City will be fine. The player in jeopardy is a substitute outfielder apparently. But as I said, it appears things are clear for Post 46.

4. LegionPost46

LegionPost46 Full Access Member

player

wow.
    well heres the story as i know it. player moved to the beach for the summer and asked could he play for us. our ad says well we have to get the proper releases. player's dad gets the releases and the information is sent to the state folks. everything at that point is ok'd. then a couple of weeks ago our ad recieves word that a mistake was made by the state and that player's dad got the releases linearly from home to the beach instead of doing it in a radius from home to the beach. so players dad takes to getting releases from every team in area 1, 2, and 3 successfully. for the most part everyone for whom a release was asked was gracious enough to not only give it but also help with getting others around them. its quite an impressive paper lion.

5. SuperJon

SuperJon Full Access Member

I'm speaking hypothetically here, and not against the Morehead City team.

I think that the questions you asked don't matter. If any team has an illegal player, whether they mean to or not, they should all suffer the same penalties. Speeding on purpose and speeding because you're not paying attention gets you the same exact fine if you're caught.

6. UK7Dook3

UK7Dook3 Full Access Member

I hope this is the case. We're talking about a bunch of kids playing a game. And it's playoff time. The story ought to be about runs, hits & errors...not misinterpretation of technicalities.

Alot of people have been banging on the state Legion leaders, but it sounds like they got this one right in the end: rules were satisfied & kids weren't unfairly penalized. Maybe a few apologies are in order.

7. MOOSE

MOOSE Full Access Member

might be the right thing but it is not the rules other teams have had to follow in the past and they have been knocked out of competion for not following those rules. the ad should not have accepted any kind of releases with out them being correct. he is responsible for knowing the rules and not allowing anyone to jepordise his team if they are not 100 % correct. doing what the kid needed to do to be legal was almost impossible and he should only have been abel to play if he got the right releases before he played its not something you go back and get.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2007
  8. Carolina Man

Carolina Man Caldwell County Post 29

Well put....your either legal or illegal...there is no in between or almost legal.

Carolina man :smack:

9. Boxman

Boxman Full Access Member

I guess they did go through the proper channels

10. RaleighDevil

RaleighDevil Banned From TBR

Those questions do matter in one sense. Someone implied that something shady was going on in this situation and that Roy Waters was going to let it slide. After all, isn't that the way he is, some might say?

My response was that we should get more info before accusing anyone of anything. That's a different subject from deliberate versus accidental violations of the rules.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.