1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Here we go again... Illegal Players

Discussion in 'American Legion' started by DownSouth, Jul 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carolina Man

Carolina Man Caldwell County Post 29

Mr Waters is guilty of being deliberate in the past, when he zero's in on a certain club or program because he is ticked off at the AD or coach he bombs the living heck out of them.....but guess who pays the ultimate price....THE BALLPLAYERS, who most likely didn't have anything to do with the situation....That's politics and it has no place in Legion Baseball...Enough said...that's all from this side of the tracks

Carolina Man :cuss:

2. RaleighDevil

RaleighDevil Banned From TBR

I talked with the Area I commissioner Thursday night. Everything was done above board. The father did the work to get the releases. The player is home-schooled, and the family will be at the coast until November. Morehead had to take East Wake's 1000 enrollment number.

Don't get the impression I am a fan of Roy Waters. It's just that we need to have the evidence before we hang him.

3. Carolina Man

Carolina Man Caldwell County Post 29

There is already enought evidence on poor oh Roy to hang him twice...before this ever came up....no joke

Carolina Man :hanged:

4. LegionVet

LegionVet Member

The Whole Story

Let's clear things up, hopefully once and for all.

The player in question is home schooled and during the winter and spring had an address in Knightdale, NC. If he was attending public school he would have been assigned to East Wake High School whic has an enrollment to count of aproximately 1,000. East Wake is not on any Form I as a base or feeder school. No team in his immediate area would be have been able to take the enrollment numbers.

The home in Morehead is not a "summer" home. The players dad has a business with offices in Moorehead and Raleigh and time is split and since the player is home schooled there is no reason to move according to a school calander. The address as of March 31 was used for the determination.

The distance from the address in Knightdale was determined and all teams of a lesser distance were contacted and the player was released. Any team could have said no and acepted the player on their roster. There were approximately 53 teams that OK'd the transfer and the contact for most of the teams was accomplished by the players dad with the only help from the Commisioners being a list of contacts. No teams from Area IV were involved. I should also point out that this process was laid out to the National Chairman in Indianapolis.

I can assure you that everything was open and above board. You would not expect to keep anything quiet that involved 3/4 of the state. I hope this clears everything up.

A note to Carolina Man: "Some men see things as they are and say why - I dream things that never were and say why not." is attributed to George Bernard Shaw. Ted Kennedy used the quote in his eulegy of his brother Bobby.

Bob Figulski
    Area I Commisioner

5. tj21

tj21 Moderator

RaleighDevil and LegionVet, thank you for your input. As I stated the other day, I thought we should wait and get the facts, hopefully we can all now move on and get back to baseball scores and homeruns.

Guys, can we now consider this issue closed ???

6. Baseball Cat

Baseball Cat Junior Member

Amen!

7. Red Bear

Red Bear Full Access Member

Damn that Roy Waters! Bet he had something to do with this confusion!:beatdeadhorse5:

8. tj21

tj21 Moderator

Anytime folks don't have all the facts, there is confusion and rumors. Lets put this issue to rest now, close the thread and get back to discussing baseball.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.