1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Hey Big Dip of Cope

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by The Captain, Mar 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tj21

tj21 Moderator

BINGO,,,,,,,, and your right, its no force play going BACK to a base, it would be a TIMING play. Run counts.

2. Stretchlon

Stretchlon Stars

Ump hit by line drive

Umpire is playing behind the infielders who are playing up with the bases loaded and two outs. line drive past the SS and it hits the umpire and goes up in the air. it is then caught by the SS. is it an out?

3. superwright

superwright Full Access Member

Homerun or Out?

With two outs and a runner on first, the batter hits a line shot to left center field. The centerfielder ran down the ball jumping, making the catch and in mid air he hit the fence with his hip and flipped over the fence. Centerfielder jumped up with ball in glove but on the outside of the fence.
    Is this a 2 run homer or the 3rd out of the inning?
    Note: This did happen in a game last Wednesday night in Whiteville!

4. Red Bear

Red Bear Full Access Member

Really? Thanks for being honest.......I guess.

5. BigDipofCope

BigDipofCope Full Access Member

Yes, I know hard to believe, but true. I've heard JV umpires talk about it... how if coaches don't say anything about a situation, they don't call it. JV baseball gets shortchanged because there are simply not enough quality umpires.

6. BigDipofCope

You are correct, it is not an out. Once the ball passes a fielder, besides the pitcher, and hits an umpire, it is not umpire interference.

However, in a 2 man crew, I've been in B or C and had a fielder in front of me... for example less than 2 outs a runner at 3rd. Alot of teams play their infield players so far in that I choose to stand in a position behind them so not to get in their way on a ground ball. In those situations, its possible for a ball to go past the fielder and hit the umpire w/o umpire interference.

7. BigDipofCope

I'll have to disagree with you on this.

The OBR does say 1 trip/inning, but the question wasen't about a game played under the OBR, it was in a game played under FED.

The FED says 3 trips in the game. That means that the coach can take all 3 of his trips in the 1st inning if he wants, but after that, must pull the pitcher on each trip thereforth.

You're correct in saying that you aren't charged a trip if you change pitchers.

There may or may not be rules we disagree with, but you can't pick and choose which ones you want to enforce.

Anyone going to be at Shelby tomorrow evening?

8. BigDipofCope

Very good post!

9. BigDipofCope

No, when the pitcher steps off the rubber, he is just like any other fielder. He can throw the ball where he wants, how he wants. If he throws it out of play, all runners move up 2 bases (unlike if he threw the ball out of play from the rubber - 1 base).

10. coachevans26

coachevans26 Full Access Member

HR because he did not keep the ball in the park... IMHO

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.