1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Hey Coach

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by scal, Feb 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. softballphreak

softballphreak Full Access Member

I agree that HS and TB should work closer. Other than pitchers and catchers there really is no good reason to forbid a kid from playing both.

The health of the pitchers and catchers needs to be the highest priority when playing both.

Good coaches in both HS and TB should, and most do, realize the benefits of their players playing as much as possible.

While we're on the subject I would ask that TB coaches keep in mind the value and interest of the State Games. The Games are a wonderful venue for the players. When looking at some of the recent signees most all of those played in the State Games in Greensboro a couple years back. Not saying the Games were the only place they were seen but I know of a few who signed with some of the college coaches I saw in attendance.

One kid in particular (one of my favorites) played the most awesome 2nd base I think I've ever seen in HS. She signed with a major local university who was in attendance during the Games.

So, come on TB coaches, encourage your players to tryout to represent the best in the state when the time comes. We already know they're good; let them shine at the HS level and help make the State Games something special. We'll all benefit. And the organizers go out of their way to try to avoid conflict with TB tournaments.

Sorry; got off subject. Thanks.

2. CardCoach2

CardCoach2 Full Access Member

HS State Games???

Phreak, I would love to see a true all star tournament for the HS kids. The venue as it is, is not the best it could be because there always seems to be conflict with the Dynamites every year.
    And my TB kids will be in Columbia by their own choice.
    They understand the value of that tournament in the grand scheme of things.
    I say play it on the Sunday after the HS States. The HS season is technically over then so the Sunday restriction is gone and the TB showcase season hasn't kicked into high gear yet. What better day to do a true all star venue. I would also say that Raleigh would be more than happy to accomodate.
    But you're right, that's for another post.
    HS and TB can work together for the good of each other IF we could all get our egos out of the way and really focus on what's best for our kids, not just our winning percentage.

3. cheeze105

cheeze105 Moderator Staff Member

hs and tb are kinda like the chicken and the egg proverb.....which came first? it really doesnt matter, as they both depend upon each other as i feel that every game a player participates in makes them a better player. true, most cases tb has a higher percentage of top players, but they still depend upon each other in this area. so maybe we can just agree with that.

4. Softball Guru

Softball Guru Banned From TBR

Hey

Can't we all just get along...Did I Say That ????:flaming:

Guru

5. Pop Rivers

Pop Rivers NCSCA

Dynamites Vs. State Games 2010

Dynamites
    Wednesday June 16th- Sunday June 20th

State Games of North Carolina High School Softball
    Monday June 21st- Thursday June 24th

6. jimbob

jimbob Junior Member

Look guys my daughter plays high school volley ball ,softball,TB,
    and Jo Volley ball.It was not my intention to bash any body.
    I started working with my daughter at the age of 4. one day I
    bought her a cheap ball and glove and we started playing catch.
    I never forced her she wanted to play.so over the years playing
    catch ,soft tosses in the back yard paid off.My daughter is a
    good athelete.I just get tired of people bashing coaches .
    I think they should stand in front of a mirror and do the bashing.
    for not taking the time to play catch at a early age.

7. fastpitchdad1994

fastpitchdad1994 Where is the GURU???

Didn't see where scal was bashing anyone in his original post. He was just stating his opinion. Not sure what you are referring to but it still doesn't change the fact of the comment that you made towards his dd. Totally unnecessary!!!!
    As stated earlier, scal & his dd are GOOD PEOPLE. What ever gripe you may have with him should not be posted in such a disrespectfull towards his dd for all to view

8. Softball Guru

Softball Guru Banned From TBR

Easy Guys !!

Dang look @ me moderators, I'm trying to be a Peace Maker. Look I know we all get sensitive about our kids, well because they are our kids. We all feel like they get crapped on sometime, but that's life. Listen guys no use in threatening each other this is suppose to be fun on here. I have been misunderstood for years, but really half the time I'm just cutting up with everybody, that's why I put silly things on here. We are all one big family all after the same goal, well let me reinstate that most of us are anyways. Everybody calm down and enjoy the greatest game on earth. We are all entitled to our opinions ,but should never appear that we putting somebody else down. I point my finger at me first,and in the end it's just a game...

Love ya guys, Softball Guru

9. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Easy guys. Handle this through a pm, not on the open board

10. scal

scal Full Access Member

People.....It's a message board. It's just opinions and fun, and once in awhile if someone like CD or one of the others posts with some valuable information concering the game in general comes on you might learn something. Unless I'm sadly mistaken....I really do not see any coach out here from HS, or the Cardinals, the Challengers, the Triangle Lightning, Lady Blues, Sun Devils, (pick one), changing the way they do business because someone posted something on a softball message board! Everyone I know out here at no matter what level your DD plays has the battle scars. We all know the score and frustrations and dynamics, but this board is all about trying to have some fun and if by chance someone says something and it gives us ALL a chance to rethink and change something around for the good and build up the game....THAT'S A GOOD THING!!! It's good HEALTHY fun.If it makes anyone feel better because they need to bash my DD or me because you think I'm critical....have at it. It has no affect on us. We are not and have ever hid anything about my DD's ability, or me as a person, or anything we do, or begged anyone to play. We don't live with blinders on. I've had people not take us because they didn't like me, or my DD, or she wasn't good enough, or whatever else it was. And ability wise, how in the heck do hide that? What is it I need to see in the mirrow when I look in there at myself I have not seen. I'm not the one hiding behind a username. I'm very accessible. There are a bunch of people who are good for the sport and use this board who helped us built my DD up. Ask them. You find out how strong you are when all you have is strong Bro. Go up in the tryouts. Everything we are trying to do this Summer is there where I posted it. We are not hiding or begging for anything. Honestly, I really don't see anyone picking us up, but my DD wants to try and get some work in this Summer so I'm trying to help her do that the way she is able and wants to do it.Not much more I can say...

Last edited: Feb 16, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.