1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Hickory vs. Alexander Central

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by cougar man, Oct 5, 2010.

1. Wise One

Wise One No Doubt

They have and do and will. The program has slid in the last few years for whatever reason. I don't like to, and almost never will criticise coaches but there is a lot of rumbling coming out of Hickory. It might be time for some new blood. To have so few fans there on a perfect night is sad. To give up with 5 minutes left and 3 time outs is sad as well. Hickory has lost 5 games to 5 good teams but it's not acceptable to lose all 5. They have beaten North Lincoln and Fred T Foard, 2 teams that are not very good. Even with all of that I think they can win the rest of their games.

2. Cougars987

Cougars987 Junior Member

What is up with the o-line for AC this year? Kinnard is always having to scramble and shed tackles in the backfield.

3. Wise One

Wise One No Doubt

Their best lineman is Jacob Winkler. He's been out for the last 3 games but might return next week. Actually Kinnaird had a lot of time to throw against Hickory I thought. They are having some problems run blocking IMO.

4. jmundy03

jmundy03 Full Access Member

It's hard to run the ball against 8-9 in the box. That's why we need to mix in the pass, like in the 2nd half last night, and you see the results. It's not rocket science, but sometimes we seem to make it that way.

5. homer1755

homer1755 Member

you are right it is hard to run the ball when 5 try block 8 or 9 and we have one returning limeman and i think he is our best limeman .if you watch we try to run the ball behind a lot And we do not have the backs like we had last year to run the the ball.:27:

6. #52stillcouldbringit

#52stillcouldbringit Full Access Member

Lose Thomas Fortner, Devante Lackey, Kyle Bradshaw an Logan Chapman. + your trying to run out of the gun in 8 man fronts. No wonder we cant run the ball. Like Mundy said when we mix it up the running is a success. #25 corey roberts runs the ball hard in my opinion would like to see him get a few more carries. Kid doesnt seem to care much about his body..

but yes back to the hickory game..just pathetic in all means...talent like that 2-4? and then you quit! embarrasing. Wise that isnt talking about coaching thats just common sense. It's embarrasing an sends the wrong message to the kids and fan base. I might disagree with the plays we run an things like that but ive never once though harper or any coach has "quit". thats a shame

7. Coachcre

Coachcre Full Access Member

Harper will never the type to quit on his players. He cares about his players and would do anything for them. I wish their were more people like him and our coach Chris Deal who really care about the kids.

8. #52stillcouldbringit

#52stillcouldbringit Full Access Member

yea no wonder their werent many fans there. when your coaches quit its not worth 6 dollars! Its a shame to that QB was a pretty solid player, heard he was gettin some looks and you know hickory has speed. I dont think they should be a 2-4 program. Some one has to be held accountable for that

9. cougar man

cougar man Full Access Member

We may need to focus on St. Stephens now. We want see Hickory again till next year. St. Stephens could be dangerous if over looked.

10. Shutout18

Shutout18 Full Access Member

IF AC loses to Saint this week that would be perhaps the biggest let down of the year.