1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

High School Baseball SUMMER LEAGUE

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by HQ4 Baseball, Apr 22, 2007.

1. HQ4 Baseball

HQ4 Baseball teaching youth baseball!

What if we told you we had a league that can:
      • Allow high school coaches to advance their programs
      • Develop players & protect young arms
      • Keep high school players together for summer & fall league play
      • Provide competitive summer & fall league play without travel
      • Offer an alternative to expensive travel or academy teams
    All this with approval from the NCHSAA and within the rules of the NCHSAA!

With approval from the NCHSAA we are annoucing the Metro Showcase Baseball League! Teams will be formed using high school boundaries as a guide. We are including schools from Mecklenburg, Gaston, Lincoln, Cabarrus & Union counties. We are also working with SCHSAA to get approval to include SC high schools. League play scheduled to begin May 21st. Our next tryout will be held Sat. 4/28. Time and location will be posted on our league website on Monday, 4/23.

INTERESTED???
    Visit our league website for more details: www.metroshowcasebaseball.org
    email: [email protected]

2. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Good job Marty! Congratulations in getting this started

3. Gman13'sdad

Gman13'sdad Full Access Member

We did it

Up here in the Triangle area, we have a school based league that started last summer. The league was for underclassmen (rising seniors and down) only. Seniors went to legion ball.
    I feel that this is is one of the best ideas for high school ball in years. Not only did it allow HS coaches to work with and develop their teams in real game situations, it kept the players togather so that the "team" aspect could also develop.
    With games scheduled for weekday nights it allowed my son to play with both the school team and the "dirtbags" with very few conflicts. As far as legion goes, it really didn't affect senior legion but gave a better opportunity for younger players than junior legion would have.
    They even had a couple of weekend "showcases" to give some exposure to the players.

4. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

I'm with you Gman... I really like this concept (developing one's HS team), especially since it is sanctioned by the NCHSAA (allowing the HS coach to develop his players during the summer)

5. HQ4 Baseball

HQ4 Baseball teaching youth baseball!

I'm a fan & supporter of legion ball. I think in the long run this will strengthen senior legion. As for Jr. legion, according to the NCHSAA there are several restrictions about coaches involvment and when they could start so we opted for other avenues to make it fit within the NCHSAA rules.
    We have 2 restrictions from the NCHSAAA.
    1) not interfere with HS baseball.
    2) no games during exam week.
    That's easy, we never want to interfere with HS baseball and taking the exam week off needs to be done anyway. We are excited about the opportunities but just need help getting the word out to the schools and coaches. We have players registered for tryouts from 14 high schools. We have coaches onboard from 5 schools. Our next tryout is 4/28. Contact us for more details! www.metroshowcasebaseball.org