1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

High School PLAYOFF scores

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Low & Slow, May 11, 2010.

1. Boys of Summer

Boys of Summer Junior Member

Porter Ridge over Mooresville really surprised me. Perhaps Mooresville looking ahead to possible rematch with Mallard Creek? You simply can not look past anyone!!!

2. Village Idiot

Village Idiot cloud of dust

what?

3. Mudcat

Mudcat gone

Hickory 8, North Buncombe 2 (3A)
    Pisgah 2, Starmount 1 (2A)

Last edited: May 14, 2010
  4. DirtyMoBaseball

DirtyMoBaseball Full Access Member

Our lefty DH started at catcher, our righty dh started at 3rd, our catcher started in LF, our 3b was the dh, our LF sat out.

5. bigstars

bigstars Full Access Member

Did the coaches know it was a playoff game?

6. MastrMindenit

MastrMindenit Junior Member

Graham 12 Wheatmore 2.

Backside walkoff Grand Slam by Graham's catcher Matt Roberts in the 5th inning.
    Catcher is a stud for Graham, LHH Cody Nix good carry on arm and has a line drive gap to gap swing.

Does anyone have any information on the CF for Graham, LHH number 22 Blake Thornburn?

7. batnballs

batnballs Member

CF for Graham

Blake Thronberg is his name throws right hits left. I believe he has committed to Wingate. If you want or need more pm me.
    By the way the lefty is Cody Dix.

8. catcoach

catcoach Full Access Member

I've gotten criticized for this opinion on other boards...

... but why would you "scout" a team or give out info on a team or players RANDOMLY on a board. Maybe you guys know each other and I should let it go, but my suggestion is get in the car and go see somebody play.

I've had coaches from 100+ miles away call and want info on a team. Twice (younger, earlier in my career) I obliged as if I were some fountain of knowledge and felt proud to be so knowledgeable and helpful. I soon realized that I wouldn't want a prior opponent to roll out a report on my team, so I decided to stop that. I personally felt the need to call a coach (whose team I had reported on) and let him know what I did. It was hard to do - which reinforced how it wasn't right to do.

If you actually scout a team and then share info, OK. But just giving up info on players and teams you compete against seems wrong somehow.

If I'm wrong, it won't be the first time. Just a thought.

9. batnballs

batnballs Member

Not expected response

My kid plays for Graham and I know all the kids. Last night there were a few college coaches at the game and thought they may want info on the kids. If it was someone scouting then they are several games away. If Northwood beats Bunn as expected we have a long history as we used to be conference rivals. No real surprises on either team, and the scouts will be there to see Austin Brice pitch and Matt Roberts hit and catch. Last week in 2 at bats Austin won one getting Matt to hit a ground ball to short and the next at bat Matt hit one over the batter's eye in center field. There were probably 30 or more MLB people at that game.

10. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

"If you actually scout a team and then share info, OK. But just giving up info on players and teams you compete against seems wrong somehow. "

oxymoron isn't it?

and what coach gives out scouting reports on a messageboard? I don't know of any that would ever think about doing that.