1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

High School Softball Scores

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by CometFan, Mar 1, 2004.

1. Dawgfan

Dawgfan Full Access Member

I dont know much about the coach at MP but even having a team as strong as they are he has to know something about the game. (unless they just ignore his signs and listen to their parents and travel coaches in the stands) :laugh1: :laugh1: Lets give a little credit to HS coaches. :xyzthumbs

2. CFBall

CFBall Senior Member

thanks Dawg.........

hope to see that game with MP

3. LBlues 1

LBlues 1 Full Access Member

Dawgman

Don't take things personal or try to make more about of my comments than were meant. It is not about all HS coaches nor anything close to that. U forget, I do have several friends and players on that team and my comments were based on their comments about this one individual and the way the job was filled. I did not say he was a bad guy nor that he was not trying nor did I mention any other HS coach or program. I do not think I know it all, never said that never will. Heck, I brought in a hitting instructor to help all the Lady Blues team and am going to have her coach the 18U Blues this year. I respect all the HS coaches, travel coaches, rec coaches because I have taken the abuse parents have given out for as long as most of U have. I also have enjoyed the benefit of some great realtionship developed over those years. Cool down Dawg, I know U know your stuff and I think if U look at the whole picture, I am the least critical of all the parents and coaches around Butler and the Charlotte area. Sorry to get so long but just wanted to clear up the general statement U made on a very specific statement I :D made. :xyzthumbs

Last edited: Mar 30, 2004
  4. Dawgfan

Dawgfan Full Access Member

RET I did not take anything personaly nor did I get hot. And belive it or not I was not thinking of Butler when I posted. We have known each other for many, many years, I respect al you have done for our sport and athletes. We have and will continue work together for the good of the girls. You know me better then that. I did not mean to offend you, but you have to admit there is a lot of truth in what I said as there is in what you just wrote.
    Truce?

5. Tommy_Perkins

Tommy_Perkins Full Access Member

Manteo 3
    Great Bridge 0

Great Bridge is ranked #6 in South Hampton Roads (VA) among dozens of 3A schools. (3A is the largest division in Virginia)

http://obsentinel.womacknewspapers.com/articles/2004/03/19/sports/2prep.txt

Manteo 5
    Greenbrier Christian 1

Greenbrier Christian is a private school powerhouse in Virginia in both baseball and softball.

Manteo 8
    Pasquotank 0

6. CFBall

CFBall Senior Member

thanks

7. Tommy_Perkins

Tommy_Perkins Full Access Member

CF,

This is Manteo's last year as a 3A school. Next year they will go back to 1A with the opening of First Flight High School in Kill Devil Hills. This is a fantastic group of athletes. Many on this team were on the state volleyball runnerups. Manteo girls rule the conference in most all sports.

Don't be fooled by the opening loss to 1A Gates County. Five starters were missing. If Katie Miller stays healthy, scoring on Manteo will be very difficult this season. Watch them demolish the competition and move up in the rankings.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2004
  8. CFBall

CFBall Senior Member

was aware of the dominance of Manteo female athletics and the basketball overlap(its common ahhhhhh) but not the drop from 3A to 1A. They are definitely in the hunt for the 3A title! Keep us posted, TP and thanks for the update.

9. LBlues 1

LBlues 1 Full Access Member

Dawgfan

We are and will always be friends. I have heard and watched the things that go on behind the scenes at HS games and yes most of what U say is true. If we are all open to continued learning and sharing ideas, we will all be better coaches and better human beings. Some people have an extremely hard time accepting that fact. We have been doing this a long time for no pay or glory and I think we both like it that way. Just wanted to make sure U understood my comments. Have a great week. RET :rofl:

10. CCFASTPITCH

CCFASTPITCH Central FASTPITCH

Central Cabarrus 7
    Independence - 2
    The game was played under terrible conditions for both teams. Should have never been played. :thinking: