1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

High School Softball Scores

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by CometFan, Mar 1, 2004.

1. CometFan

CometFan Moderator

Lake Norman 0
    NW Cabarrus 10

5 innings

2. MP2

MP2 Full Access Member

MP Over W. Stanly 5-2 at Oakboro as previously posted. Kelly Furr winning pitcher, 2 hits 3 k's. MP led offensively by Brittany Cantrell, Hannah Clark, Maegan Carriker, all with hits and RBI. West did have a few miscues but most were on sharp hit balls or tough plays, West has a very good team. Looking forward to returning to Oakboro for the RRC tourney in May !

MP Record: 10-3 5-1, next game 4/19 Vs. North Stanly.

Hope everyone has a nice Easter !

Thanks for coming to the game Cometfan, and I enjoyed talking with you !

3. CometFan

CometFan Moderator

I enjoyed talking with you also MP2. I really enjoyed the game, and the big hit your DD got down the left field line.. Have a nice Easter. I'm on my way to Lauringburg to watch Pfeiffer and St. Andrews play.

4. hitnrun

hitnrun Full Access Member

CometFan ,You missed a thriller in cherryville last night . Maiden defeated cherryville at cherryville 7-4 in 16 innings.it was 4-4 after 4 innings , then no one scored until the 16th. Katie Clark and Angie Walls both pitched all16 innings ,hats off to both young ladies , job well done . maidens Heather Hefner was 4-7 with to doubles and 2 rbi's, nearly hitting to out. Abby Walls led Cherryville with 3 hits . Top of 16th started with triple by Kendra McCall, a fc put runners on2nd and third . heather was then hbp to load bases , Tia Vance and Katie Clark then had rbi singles. Great game between2 fery good teams . Maiden now 10-2 , 7-0 conference.

5. CometFan

CometFan Moderator

Sorry I missed that one hitnrun. Lake Norman played at NW Cabarrus. I have 2 DGD's playing on LKN. I didn't have time to get to Cherryville to see any of the game. I made it to West Stanly just in time to see the player introductions and the game. I'll catch you before the season is over. I would have loved seeing Angie and Katie battle each other.

6. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

I came by to see you Ray at this game. They told me you were out recruiting...err...scouting.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2004
  7. CFBall

CFBall Senior Member

its getting closer to those playoffs and Ray is stayin on top of things........

recruiting for hs noo but college yes

doubleduty nonetheless :D

8. Dawgfan

Dawgfan Full Access Member

Hi Braves Im sorry I missed you. Truth be told (before I get a call from Shannonhouse at nchsaa) I was watching my DD pitch in the last couple of her college games. shes a senior at Anderson College. (CVAC).
    Hope to see ya soon.
    CF, thanks for having my back on the recruiting thing LOL :laugh1: :laugh1:
    Ray

Last edited: Apr 10, 2004
  9. SouthernGent

SouthernGent Full Access Member

According to the record books (http://northcarolina.ihigh.com/recordbook/fpg.html), it ties for the second longest game.

Longest Game: 18 innings - Northside 1, Manteo 0 on May 10th, 2001 [Story]
    16 innings - Laney 3, Apex 2 (1997 State Semifinals),

There is a section on innings pitched, but it doesn't include innings in a game. Maybe you should send a suggestion to start that catagory....

10. softball nut

softball nut Full Access Member

West Rowan 2
    East Rowan 1 11 innings
    Wow!! This one was all it was built up to be.Great game on both teams.Can't give any stats,was so caught up in game.Ryan Baker (East) went over the fence on Devon Williams for East only run.There was a controversial call that I feel had an outcome on the game.A sharp line drive was hit to 3rd,West 3rd base tried to make a play on the ball.It hit her glove & went out of bounds.Ump at the plate called it a foul ball.3rd baseman was in fair territory when she tried to make the play.The batter was on 2nd base,with no outs in the bottom of the 7th,with score tied 1-1.That really hurt.I know both officials who did the game, & I feel that a game of this magnitude, ( #1-#4 in state), there should have been some top notch Officials.I 'm not going to talk down about umpires, but they STUNK!!!Anyway it still was a great game & lived up to its billing.Oh yea, I know there are several HS tours. this weekend, but if anyone gets a chance, you might want to drop by Statesville Sunday.NSA's NIT has some awesome 14u teams there, with several HS freshman playing in it.Good luck to all teams this weekend! Go Cobras !!!!!!!!