1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

High School Stats--- What A Joke !!!

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by Softball Guru, Mar 17, 2007.

1. Softball Guru

Softball Guru Banned From TBR

IF YOU ARE GOING TO POST STATS--POST THEM ALL !!!

One thing I hate to see is a one sided story,and when an individual post only the STATS that makes her kid look good,that becomes deceiving to a college coach or anybody else that is looking for a quality ball player on TBR..I have been doing this for a long time,and I'll be the first to admit that I have never built my kid up beyond what her talent has allowed or falsified information to make her look good !! Maybe I should take notes, and do like a lot of you do on TBR..let's see she is the only starting freshman on Varsity...has .422 batting average...(3) homeruns have been hit this year thus far,and she has hit one of them..the other (2) were hit by a sophmore and a junior. Her on base percentage is .70...she has speed,and a cannon arm...lets see did I leave anything out...she can be a stubborn teenager sometime,and yes she likes boys, this could pose a threat to her softball career down the road---LOL.Oh yes I forgot, she has 4.0 GPA.......All the above facts are TRUE,I just don't toot my horn...but maybe I'll just start !!!!

Guru

Last edited: Mar 19, 2007
  2. onedogfan

onedogfan Junior Member

I think I saw where you are the stats guy for CC,Do you put it in the books as you see it or does the Coach put his twist on things or have the final say whether a hit or error.Give us a prespective from someone who does the stats for a team.

3. cheeze105

cheeze105 Moderator Staff Member

OUR SYSTEM

Our system is this, scorekeeper sits behind head and asst coaches. every play is agreed upon by each other when we're in the dugout. plays done when we're on the field are discussed as soon as we come in. interesting some times, but three takes usually equal the truth. we've even solicited the opinion of the plate umpire to get his reading. false stats dont help anyone. we had a receint home game which we lost. scores reported to the paper were wrong and the strikeout count was wrong. no recourse on this. winning team reports the score. i still think it would be a good idea for both coaches to give 10 minutes after the game to try and agree on the game play by play. just 10 minutes would save some grief.

4. jfagala

jfagala Full Access Member

Hmm...Today's Stats

My oldest has gotten up and got her own shower today...2nd trip up, looks like she has gotten her breakfast...oh crap, she tripped and spilled it. 1-2 with an error today so far....:eek:

5. Softball Guru

Hey John that's awesome maybe she will get in a D1 School with the effort factor of getting all her food in her mouth at one time...LOL...what's her spoon to mouth percentage???:oops:.....GURU

6. cheeze105

cheeze105 Moderator Staff Member

gotta love the sense of humor so early in the morning. keep it up guys, great stuff to wake up too.

7. jfagala

D1

She will get D1 on her brains :smart: and looks :hair2: (both from Mom, thank the Lord...).

Spoon to mouth % used to be alot better. It is down a bit....She is down several pounds over the last 3 months. :munching_out: <no longer the case

8. SC-ASA

SC-ASA Full Access Member

Honestly saw & heard this last week at my daughters HS game. Runner on 3rd, 1 out. Batter hits to 2nd base, 2B throws to first for the out and runner on 3rd scores. Head coach comes over to scorekeeper and tells the person not to count that as an at-bat because it was a sacrifice.

9. Softball Guru

HMMMMMMMMMMMMM

He needs to look at the definition of "At Bat" !!!----:dizzy2:

10. jfagala

No, not proud

[ why would one do this is beyond me but apparently dad is proud!![/QUOTE

Not sure about this one.....

Last edited: Mar 20, 2007