1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

High School vs Travel Ball - my kids aint thinkin

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by cheeze105, Feb 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ncladysluggers

ncladysluggers Junior Member

Setting the record Straight!

In response to the statement about TB over HS .I am the TB Coach of these two HS players. and I will set the record straight.
    My players have never been told by me or by anyone on my staff that my practices are or have been mandatary during HS Season. In fact I have specifically and repeatedly instructed all players who choose to play for HS that those practices come 1st.If a player chooses to play or attend a TB practice over HS then your issues are with the player and her parents, I have never discouraged any player from playing HS ball and have never penalized any players because they play HS Ball. And players have never set the bench because of this . If HS Coach still has issue please communicate this information directly to your players and parents instead of bring dramatization to a forum such as this.
    Bringing false information to this forum without knowing the team or team rules is very one sided, On your part and to let all know please contact your local college coaches and scouts and ask them when your players will be seen by any local college teams and see what responses you will receive. Really when do these coaches have the opportunity to see your DD play during HS or will there chances of a College Coach see them more during TB, do your own research instead of listening to this HS Coach who may think his gossip is legit! Last usually during HS Ball there are no TB Play.

2. cheeze105

cheeze105 Moderator Staff Member

not gonna argue with you on the forum, but i will send you a pm regarding what was said to me..

Last edited: Feb 18, 2008
  3. cheeze105

in defense of tb coach, parent did state tonight that in january meeting for tb, point was made that he would not interfere with school ball.....appartantly the mandatory tb practice wasnt mandatory, just the hs one was, the one they missed...

4. Crazecoach

Crazecoach For HIS Glory...

At least I still respect you coach!!!!! Cheese for president!!!!:couch::woohoo:

5. EastOfRaleigh

EastOfRaleigh Full Access Member

loyalty

that sounds like more loyalty to the tb than the HS team.

6. fastpitchmomhh

fastpitchmomhh Junior Member

thankful for the time spent with my dd

As a hs and tb team mom I would just like to set the record straight that I am thankful for all the time and instruction that is given to my daughter by ALL her coaches. She started playing t-ball at age 5 and every coach she has ever had took her under his wing and sincerely tried to unveil her full potential. I'd like to think that there is so much more for her to learn and grow from in HS and TB. Again, I have always been so appreciative of the time spent with my daughter in every aspect of coaching.
    Both of the girls (and others) understood the practice NOT to be mandatory and you better believe if I knew this was a mandatory practice I would have made my daughter be there. I want her to have the best shot she's got at demonstrating her talent at the HS level. So having said this, we are sorry there was ever a misunderstanding and hope that we can move forward into a dominating HS season with team comraderie and full coaching support. After all is said and done, we are in it for the girls right? And of course to hopefully win a few.
    For the record, the TB coach has ALWAYS stressed that TB is secondary to HS ball and has shown more than the utmost respect for HS coaching.
    So let's say that as the HS mom I regret my daughter was not at HS practice, I appreciate all the time spent with her, she has already learned so much in both arenas, and I'm hoping this won't happen again and I'm excited about the upcoming season. My advice to her is always, respect what the coaches say no matter what you think and just do the best you can. Whether this happens is another story, after all it is a HS girl. But she is a good one that I'm proud of and respects and loves the game of softball.
    I hope this sheds light on the situation.

7. Crazecoach

Crazecoach For HIS Glory...

Way to go mom

Best of luck to your DD and her teams this season! Look me up this weekend if we get to play each other. Your coach knows who I am.:12::banghead:

8. softballjunkie

softballjunkie Full Access Member

Good first post

I wished that all threads ended with this type of understanding from both sides. Voicing your thoughts like adults get it done. Good luck to all, you too cheeze, and HH. Start practice off with a team hug!

9. cheeze105

i believe that i have let myself go a little too far with this, the original thought was supposed to be dont interfere, work together. this situation occured at three hs's this spring.....my two were minor misunderstandings, one girl quit because her travel ball coach/father felt she would learn more from tb (her schoolmates will miss her) and other two are still up in the air.

i'm gonna close this thread as it has nowhere else to go but down.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.