1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

HOLLY SPRINGS- NC 4A BASEBALL CHAMPIONS

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by hshs baseball dad, Jun 6, 2011.

1. hshs baseball dad

hshs baseball dad Junior Member

:trophy::trophy::trophy::trophy::trophy::trophy::trophy::trophy::trophy::trophy::trophy::trophy::trophy::trophy:
    OK guys I am going to brag some here because I am proud of the Holly Springs Golden Hawks Baseball Team for being the NORTH CAROLINA 4A STATE BASEBALL CHAMPIONS. I am also extremely proud of my son! This team has tremendous tenacity and a never say die attitude. They play in arguably the best conference in NC (Tri-9) and played day in and day out against great talent and teams from Fuquay, Middle Creek, Athens Drive, Apex, Green Hope, Panther Creek, Cary, and Lee County many of whom could have gone deep into the playoffs. Including sweeps of the Eastern NC State Championship and State Championship these guys won 21 games in a row this year. When the seniors on this team reported as freshman they had no seniors on that second year team as it was a new school and were coming off a 1-19 season. These seniors, many of whom started a freshmen, have won 78 or 79 (+/- 1) games in their four years. As freshmen they came in second in the Greater Neuse Conference and were Conference Champions as sophomores. The move into the Tri-9 conference as juniors and have been Conference Champions the past two years. My hat is off to you guys. You have done what many said couldn’t be done. You fought with absolute courage and prevailed on top. You are the last guys standing.
    Congratulations to all the players but especially the SENIORS!!!

Jordan Hinton

Mitch Hines(Senior)

Aj Sconzo

Joey Roach

Kendall Thorpe(Senior)

Kevin Fortier(Senior)

Jesse Sykes(Senior)

David Hudspeth(Senior)

Sagar Kapoor

Justin Manning(Senior)

Drew Huston

Andrew Elwell

Austin Dickson

Carlos Rodon(Senior)

Wes Conover(Senior)

Robert Allison(Senior)

Brian Fortier

Mike Roach

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

2. karlrocket

karlrocket Full Access Member

Congratulations to all the players & coaches!:cheers2:

3. no excuses

no excuses SwingHard InCase U Hit It

Coach Whitesell has built a very solid program in a very short period of time at Holly Springs. Being such a young program it is hard to believe the depth of talent. Winning their conference 3 straight years and now a state tittle is impressive. Who knows for sure what the future brings but the future looks bright. They return a solid group of kids and are reloading from an outstanding JV team. I would never predict a repeat but they should be strong again next season.

Way to go Hawks!:Woot_Emoticon:

4. coachevans26

coachevans26 Full Access Member

CONGRATULATIONS EXCELLENT YEAR!!

Excellent team and you have every right to be proud!! Way to go!