1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

How Were You ???

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by Softball Guru, Jul 30, 2008.

1. Softball Guru

Softball Guru Banned From TBR

We put great demands on our kids to be the best,and to be standouts in the game...now ask yourself how were you as an athlete ????

2. CanAmMan

CanAmMan Full Access Member

I was a very good goalie (hockey) but once I hit high school and politics took over I kind of got screwed.
    Was a real good golfer after high school. During high school was shooting in the low to mid 80's but then something happened and in my 20's & 30's I was around a 1 handicap. I haven't played in about 2 years but could probably still shoot in the high 70's.
    Didn't play basball after junior high. Played softball up until I got married and was probably above average. Stopped playing once I got married & my DD started playing ball.

3. fastpitchndad

fastpitchndad Full Access Member

The older I get the better I was. Like the BIG fish story, it gets better with time. Remember the ups forget the downs. I thought I was a pretty good athelete in highschool. Started all 3 years in Football, tuffest 5'8" tackle around. All conference. I swam for 2 years. Started out as a joke but ended up State champion in a couple freestyle events. 23.7 seconds in 50 freestyle and 54.3 in 100 freestyle could win medals even today.

4. LDFRDGUY

LDFRDGUY Banned From TBR

ALL CONF-ALL STATE IN FOOTBALL 3 YRS VARSITY :satana:

5. DRAG5000

DRAG5000 Junior Member

pro looking

10th grade had a scout looking from the red sox. then surgery on my neck put me out all together. guess that is why i push t-money.

6. for the girls

for the girls Full Access Member

played fast pitch in HS....yes....20some years ago and bb. But my LOVE was partying!!! (after all it was the 70's) Thank God my kids are smarter then me!!!

7. Southern_Yankee

Southern_Yankee Premium Member

I breifly held the record for the longest inverted keg stand while in HS.

8. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

[Gottalaff] briefly [Gottalaff]

9. Softball Guru

Softball Guru Banned From TBR

Played---

Played baseball through the middle teens, made allstars 3 straight years. My fortay was bowling...I was the first bowler under the age of 12 to ever bowl a 200 ( Actual 220 ) game in the history of Wimington,N.C., and also the first 600 set ever bowled in the city. I bowled in college for UNC-W, and won many matches against other D1 schools. My dad was the big ball player in our family he was looked at by AAA ball scouts, but was not educated enough nor had the push because of a dying father @ the age of 40 something !!! I do have great uncles that are pro golfers though that live in Pine Hurst !!

Guru

10. jfagala

jfagala Full Access Member

Hmm...

Mom made me work when I wasn't playing baseball, so couldn't play football.
    Decent in baseball, .305 my senior year with some power. Toooooo slow (no comment from you Hedgehog.....)

And I wanted to wrestle (9th and 10th) but she said no cause I had braces.
    :(

I wish I had the football thingy back, to be honest. Thats always bugged me... But I turned out ok and didn't have to have too much therapy.

:MEPsychologist02HL: