1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

How Were You ???

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by Softball Guru, Jul 30, 2008.

1. cks2036

cks2036 softball mom

I played for Mint Hill growing up made allstars in baseball and then in softball when softball started in Mint Hill. I played all through my middle school years and then High school. I went to Independence and in 1990 we won the State that year. The funny thing we played against coach Sherill and he still remembers me. I have played and still play softball going on 30years now. I have to take a break now getting shoulder surgery Aug 15th. It has finially gave out. I love to watch the game and even if my dd was not playing I would still love to watch.

2. softball4ever1987

softball4ever1987 Proud Mama

Softball & Rodeo...

I played softball (slow pitch of course, fastpitch wasn't around these parts back then!) every year growing up up unitl I was 20 years old. I rodeoed (barrel racing and goat tying) my entire life until my late twenties, was riding a horse before I could walk, absolutely loved it! Saw a lot of the country with a horse trailer following me. I loved every moment of it!
    I will say I got waaaaayyyyy more enjoyment from watching my DD pitch and play fastpitch!

3. Softball Guru

Softball Guru Banned From TBR

Let's See !!!

Speedo, Hi-Karate Aftershave, Mennen,etc....:189:

4. fastpitchndad

fastpitchndad Full Access Member

Guru is a legend in his own mind.:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy

5. erms

erms Full Access Member

LOL
    My hs coach told me at the end of my sophomore year,"You're weak and you're slow, and we don't need you."

I went to work shortly thereafter and realized in hindsight he had really set me in a direction beneficial to my future. I saw him a couple of years ago and told him how much I appreciated him being willing to give that direction. It took me a few minutes to convince him I was sincere in my appreciation. I have no doubt had I continued my futile attempts at athletics, my life would have been very different and not to the positve.
    ERMS

6. marlinfan1

marlinfan1 Full Access Member

..right back at you T....

.....my brother played for the 1983 NCSU national champs, coached by Jim Valvano.

My claim to fame was as a freshman at ECU baseball, I was the back up to Butch Davis, who went on to play in a couple of world series in MLB. Then he was Jose Cansecos back up...therefor...I was the back up for the back up of Jose Canseco!

Oh, I forgot, as a soph., our coach left ECU to coach baseball at Auburn...
    .....lets see, 1980, leftfield at Auburn was Bo Jackson!
    You know BO!!!!!

7. fence

fence Full Access Member

aah the 70's

was pretty good pitcher
    8 no-nos fr yr in hs
    lost 4 of them lol
    team was horrible
    then discovered girls and other recreational things
    end of organized athletics
    was good recreational volleyball player 6'3" and could spike either way
    then hit 29 for a few years
    was good backgammon player till i lost my board in a poker game, alas lost my pool cue same sitting
    but now pretty good scrabble player 81st at nationals 3 times in a row lol
    had to retire when cut foot 10 staples changing tables rofl, such a putz
    will begin shuffleboard soon, or maybe curling
    but i still have competitive spirit, does that count?

8. cheeze105

cheeze105 Moderator Staff Member

i love some of the responses, interesting....

hs was track with my massive 4'11" body (very late bloomer). played softball from age 10 and this was michigans state sport (next to ice fishing).

spent 10yrs in the seabees and played softball in the atlantic fleet games championship when i was stationed on grand turk island in the eastern missle test range (coed team and we lost)

here's one for ya: took second in the atlantic fleet games in DARTS, so i would advise you not to stand in front of me if i have something sharp in my hand. lol......still throw in my garage weekly

started coaching softball at age 25 as a player/coach and havent stopped yet.

how many know what blooper ball is or unlimited arc softball?? i've played them both along with fastpitch, slowpitch and modified. what else is there to do in michigan??????

9. fence

fence Full Access Member

cheese
    were u the track?

10. for the girls

for the girls Full Access Member

Cheeze what part of MI....and if you are really from there, you know the "other" sport is bowling...hahaha