1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

How's this for career stats?

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by Braves13, Apr 21, 2010.

1. Braves13

Braves13 Junior Member

Jelena Shaw of UNC-Pembroke finished up her senior year this past weekend. She racked up a first team all-conference 3rd base award, as well as conference player of the year! I wanted to share some of Jelena's outstanding and extremely impressive stats she's gathered in her career at Pembroke

• Avg. .405
    • Games Played. 210
    • Runs. 202
    • Hits. 276
    • 2B. 31
    • 3B. 14
    • HR. 32
    • RBI. 134
    • SLG. .632
    • OB. .464
    • SB-ATT. 90-95

Now, I also before any assumptions are made about the type of competition she has faced, I'd like to say a few things. UNC-Pembroke is a member of the Peach Belt Conference. The number 1 team in the DII nation (North Georgia) is in the same conference, as well as #15 ranked Augusta State and previously ranked #24 USC-Aiken. In Pembroke's schedule just this year alone we've played #19 Kutztown, previously ranked Wingate, and were scheduled to play #7 Lenoir-Rhyne. Four teams in our conference are going to regionals. Keep in mind this is just this year's schedule, so to say that the type of teams she has collected these stats against weren't great competition is just unfair. The Peach Belt Conference has notoriously been one of the toughest DII conferences not only in our region, but I believe in the country. Pembroke's freshman Holly Berry also received conference player of the year, and again, to say that she faced anything less than legit competition is falsehood. I love Jelena and she is one of the most amazing and HUMBLE players I have ever had the privilege of playing with. Congratulations girl!

2. jjsphotos

jjsphotos Full Access Member

UNCp? if they end up @ LR for regionals say hi. im def going up there for that tournament.

3. EastOfRaleigh

EastOfRaleigh Full Access Member

undefeated for the season

Yes I notice that the North Georgia team is a whopping
    45-0....................WOW. That's outstanding in any league. Must be a special team.

4. Braves13

Braves13 Junior Member

no unfortunately the Braves didn't make it past the tournament this year, but don't let the numbers on the paper fool you, this team has done some phenomenal things this year and Coach Melanson is only going to make them better. As far as North Georgia goes, they are quite an accomplished team with a real classy group of girls!

5. softballphreak

softballphreak Full Access Member

Congratulations to Jelena!! Those are great stats; I'm sure she will be missed!

Is she going professional in softball?

6. LBlues 1

LBlues 1 Full Access Member

Peach Belt

Not absolutely sure but I believe the Peach belt over the years has averaged 3 to 4 teams in top 25 in the country each year. The two player you mention would be stars in any league, they are that good! I would go to war anytime with Holly on my team!:victoryg:

7. jjsphotos

jjsphotos Full Access Member

how do they choose regional qualifiers?