1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

HS Coaches Recruiting HS Players

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by wncball, May 17, 2012.

1. wncball

wncball Junior Member

What are the official or unofficial (gentlemen's rules) on recruiting a player from one HS in a conference to another? I am not sure if there are any NCHSSA rules, but I am guessing that there are rules followed by the coaching fraternity. Thanks for the input.

Had someone turn me on to this board. Glad it exists!:xyxwave:

2. catcoach

catcoach Full Access Member

Though hard to "prove" and probably "done through other channels" it is an absolute NO NO.
    Though mostly discussed concerning football and basketball or with private schools, firing is threatened in mass meetings when the subject is addressed by superiors/admin.
    However, this should not be mistaken for kids just wanting to attend (and then ending up going to) another school without their ever having been contacted/wooed/recruited.

3. WB22

WB22 Full Access Member

Think their is a lot more kids recruiting kids than coaches recruiting kids, though I am sure it happens.

4. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Bingo!!!!!!!

5. wncball

wncball Junior Member

Father of kid on team in neighboring county is being directly recruited by head coach via email and texts. I heard it from the dad, so I was not convinced, but he showed me the text. I figured it was ok if walking the line, but this was outright recruiting. I thought it was odd.

6. EagleDad

EagleDad Member

Different rules in different counties.

In CMS it is only allowed by certain schools. It is not as prevalent now that the administration has changed. Some counties in the western part of the state allow kids to cross districts as long as they can supply their own transportation. In most cases the coaches ID a recruit but the kids are the ones talking to the potential recruit which is legal. I have actually seen text messages from coaches directly to a kid but those are rare and are illegal. Send the text message to Que Tucker at the NCHSAA.